From: David Lobley
Date: 31 Oct 2006
Subject: Jacksonville, FL: Marketing Analyst at Harte-Hanks
The Harte-Hanks Analytics group provides consultative support to
clients which is data-based, analysis-driven and grounded in a solid
understanding of direct marketing and customer relationship
management. We conduct customer and product analyses, develop models,
and design tests, often incorporating primary research to uncover
attitudes driving behavior. We overlay that with a clear
understanding of the marketplace gained through
in-depth geo-demographic analysis - all with the goal being to ensure
that what is learned becomes part of the client's body of knowledge.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver actionable strategic analysis that improves the profitability of our clients' marketing programs and other customer-focused business initiatives.
- Provide insightful, actionable customer analysis to our clients. This includes development of statistically sound customer targeting and test plans, measurement of their current marketing programs, and providing insight and recommendations for improving their marketing programs.
- Prepare specific analytical deliverables (reports, graphs, etc.), utilizing database software tools.
- Continuously recommend new and better ways the clients can use their customer data to improve their business including research, modeling, geo-demographic analysis, web analysis, etc.
- Lead or assist in development of proposals and timelines for database marketing projects.
- As needed, present/deliver findings to clients.
- 2+ years' experience or equivalent in database marketing analysis including analytic segmentation, direct marketing test design, response analysis, measurement strategy development, ROI analysis, modeling, web analysis, etc.
- Extensive experience accessing data in a relational db environment; experience with Oracle is preferred.
- Hands-on interaction with database and analytical/modeling tools supporting database marketing such as SQL (PL/SQL), MS SQL Server, SAS, SPSS is required; knowledge of Unica, Cognos or MicroStrategy products preferred.
- Great thinker! Exceptional analytical skills coupled with solid business foundation, particularly in marketing topics. Preferred candidates will have demonstrated experience in, and show a keen interest in using, multiple technologies to achieve analytic objectives.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Responsive, enthusiastic, innovative, team-oriented personal style for effectiveness with client(s) and colleagues.
- BA/BS with significant coursework in statistics, mathematics or economics, MBA preferred.
Apply to: David Lobley , email@example.com