From: Jim Frye
Date: 07 Nov 2007
Subject: New York, NY or Bethlehem, PA: Senior Executive - Data Analytics at global telephony/information services provider
Qualifications & Experience
- Develop a world-class data analysis environment that ensures the attainment of corporate business objectives.
- Develop a process by which all of the company-generated, and third party, data can be properly filtered and analyzed, so that new business opportunities can be identified, on a regional/ global basis.
- Once a potential new business opportunity has been identified, the individual will promote it to whichever departments are most relevant. The individual should feel comfortable in championing and presenting their own findings and ideas.
- Provide strong business leadership through collaboration with key executives, particularly the CEO Technology.
- Enhancing a data-centric approach to new ideas. This will allow the company to create better, richer services that will further enhance current offerings.
- The individual will help to shape the corporate strategy and focus.
- Ideally, will identify several significant new business opportunities per quarter.
- Provide input into the development of corporate strategy from a data analysis perspective.
- Rapidly assimilate and comprehend the company's current product portfolio, architectural heritage, product development processes and its core IP.
Skills & Personal Characteristics
- Should have worked at a consumer focused company that leverages technology to enhance revenue streams
- Ability to develop and prototype new services/products in support of strategy
- Expertise with data warehousing, data mining and analytics. Expertise with SQL
- Expertise with High Volume Data applications
- Experience with multiple data formats (SMS, voice, etc.)
- Experience with advertising relevancy / targeting engines
- Experience/familiarity with website and Internet technologies
- Experience deploying new consumer-based products via the internet and/or mobile networks
- Understanding of and familiarity with voice recognition, text-to-speech and speech-to-text technologies
- Create an environment for innovation
- Ensure employees feel "bought in" to the strategy
- Highly creative; ability to understand how future technology trends can/will drive the business
- Highlight problems quickly; identify potential solutions and present all options/recommendations
- Develop a highly-collaborative environment where anyone (from all levels/departments) can present ideas
- Ability to identify when decisions need to be made and then quickly executing against agreed upon strategy
- Understanding of global strategy
- First-rate technical skills must be combined with a sound understanding of business requirements. Candidates must display the intellectual stretch to understand each functional area from a business/customer perspective rather than just a technical perspective.
- Be comfortable as an individual contributor (roll up his/ her sleeves) or managing a small, highly talented team
- Will display a real hunger for success and will work with aggression, energy and an expectation that others will do the same.
- Highly self-motivated and objective driven. Will demonstrate a hunger to win.
- Relentless pursuit of hitting objectives
- Sense of Urgency
- Be willing to raise issues that impact business (productivity, efficiency, cost-management, strategy)
- Champion change
Jim Frye, firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2007 KDnuggets. Subscribe to KDnuggets News!