From: Nicola Hayward
Date: 19 Nov 2007
Subject: Jersey City, NJ: Data and Analytics Specialist / Data Management Associate at ISO
We're ISO - the leading source of information about risk. We supply
data, analytics, and decision-support services for professionals in
many fields, including insurance, finance, real-estate, health
services, government, and human resources. Our products help customers
measure, manage, and reduce risk. We've been recognized as New
Jersey's fastest-growing company based on our strong financial
performance and growth in revenue over the last three years. Our
Jersey City headquarters is conveniently located across the street
from the Newport/Pavonia PATH station, which takes you directly to and
from Manhattan in a matter of minutes. So come join the ISO family and
put your career into high gear.
We are currently seeking a bright, energetic, hands-on individual for the role of Data and Analytics Specialist. In this role you will cultivate the enormous potential of sharing analytics expertise and data capabilities across the ISO family of companies.
Principal Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Facilitate the sharing of analytic expertise across ISO to improve the depth and range of ISO's analytic capabilities.
- Promote wide participation among analysts for the entire ISO Analytics program and support ISO Analytics Council activities, including -
- Colloquia development and coordination
- ISO Analytics Wiki administration
- Annual Analytics Symposium
- Communities of Interest support
- Provide data management and other support for new data acquisition research and implementations.
- Assist customers (internal and external) with specifying how new data can be packaged for use.
- Support other Enterprise Data Management activities as necessary.
- Good understanding of the business of insurance and how it relates to data and analytics.
- Working knowledge of managing large, complex and rapidly changing data transmissions and how these data can be packaged for use in analytics.
- Proven strong data management abilities (CIDM, AIDM or equivalent certification preferred).
- 7 + years experience with defining and specifying data acquisition processes and/or manufacturing data for analytical use.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating and championing ongoing initiatives across departments/organizations. Prior experience managing knowledge sharing initiatives a huge plus.
- Degree in knowledge management, education, and/or analytics preferred.
- Experience with using software that can be used to collect/select/manipulate/analyze data, for example, ETL or other data acquisition tools, XML and XML manipulation tools.
- Ability to continually monitor industry trends, technologies, and standards and be able to research, recommend and apply new technologies as they emerge.
- Willing to travel periodically travel (10%) to meet with current and potential clients.
- Detail oriented.
- Innovative and a good problem-solver.
- Persuasive; skilled at demonstrating the benefits of participation and inspiring interest in your initiatives.
- A great net-worker with excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels of management and clients.
- Willing to accept responsibility for safeguarding sensitive data.
- Able to work in a face-paced, challenging environment.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k), a great entry level training curriculum, and educational assistance. For consideration, please email your resume which MUST include salary history and requirements to: [email protected]
or mail to: Ms. Nicola Hayward, ISO, 545 Washington Boulevard, 22-4, Jersey City, NJ 07310. ISO is an equal opportunity employer. We can only respond to candidates selected for consideration.
To find out more about ISO visit us at: www.ISO.com