From: Thorsten Joachims
Date: 4 Sep 2004
Subject: SVM-Light Versions for Learning Grammars, Sequence Alignments, and Multi-class Rules
a new version of SVM-Light (V6.01) is available, as well as extensions to SVM-Light for learning structured and interdependent models like
The extensions are based on the algorithm described in the paper
- weighted context-free grammars
- sequence alignments models
- multi-class classification rules
The source code of the extensions can be downloaded from
Furthermore, a new version of SVM-Light is available now. The new features of this version are the following:
The new version is available at
- Allows restarts from given dual variables for incremental learning.
- Allows the use of kernels for learning ranking functions.
- Support for non-vectorial data like strings.
- Improved robustness and convergence especially for regression and ranking.
- Time out for exceeding number of iterations without progress.
- Cleaned up code, which makes it easier to integrate into other programs.
- Interface to SVM-Struct.
Copyright © 2004 KDnuggets. Subscribe to KDnuggets News!