From: Thomas Fabiano
Date: 3 May 2005
Subject: Rochester, NY: Content Management, Data Mining Leader at XEROX
Are you looking for a unique challenge? Do you want your role to make
a major impact? Our award-winning products are a result of the
original thinking and creative solutions of our talented people.
XEROX CORPORATION is a global Fortune 500, 16 billion dollar company
that offers a broad portfolio of systems, solutions, and services in
the document industry. Our products range from award winning fax,
scanners, printers, and copiers for small and medium sized offices to
high-end production printing systems to an array of software and
consulting solutions. Our company operates with a strong focus on the
customer, a strong focus on core values, like social responsibility,
diversity, quality, and a strong focus on adaptability, speed and
Projects where immediate need exists & value propositions:
- The data mining and knowledge mining project has severe gap in skills experience. Through this hiring we are acquiring a leader who can guide the team and build-up the competency
- Xerox has a strong need for mining technologies both in cost reduction through intelligent post sales services and revenue generation services. The cost reduction services such as parts inventory optimization, pre-emptive customer service delivery, mining of new solutions, best usage practices, etc. Integration with CRM will allow more relevant and desirable personalization/customization in VI solutions.
- Innovate in state of the art adaptive and smart document systems: Leverage state of the art data and content mining technology to develop mechanisms that reduce the cost of service delivery and generate high growth revenue opportunities
- Lead and manage projects in the data mining area and build up a strong internal competency
- Ability to work effectively with lines of businesses and effectively transfer advance technologies in to products and offerings
- Out of the box thinking as it relates to solving the problem of machine learning and extraction of patterns that exist across documents and records
- Understanding of linguistic and syntactic relationships
- Identify and develop opportunities in the area of data and content mining
- Apply data and content mining technologies to business process and workflow automation
- Design and development of advanced software systems to demonstrate the research concept.
- Development of production ready systems for delivery to business teams
- Focus is to leverage technologies and skills in to solving the problem of machine learning and extraction of interesting patterns that exist across documents.
Please email resumes to Thomas.Fabiano@xerox.com .
- Should have more than seven years of hands on application development experience, preferably in an industrial R&D setting, in the area of data mining and content management.
- MS/Ph.D. CS/EE, Applied mathematics or statistics, Information Technology, Software Engineering
- Strong publication history in data mining, trend and process mining, text mining or related areas
- Team player
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to influence change
- Knowledge of J2EE, .net, W3C standards such as XML, XML Schema, XSLT
- Knowledgeable in Java, C++, Web Services and Object Oriented development. Interest in declarative programming and ontologies/semantic web is a big plus.
- Experience in document management systems design and deployment
- Ability to identify key applications, integrated solutions, analyze existing document workflow, and suggest solutions to enhance profitability and productivity
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills