Date: 16 Nov 2005
Subject: Southington, CT, USA: Senior Research Consultant at The Hartford
WHY JOIN THE HARTFORD?
As a global leader in insurance, asset
management and financial service products, we offer professionals
every possibility for growth. And whether we're helping customers or
building careers, we're experts at creating the kind of advantages
that help people reach their goals.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
This position involves both hands-on technical work and project supervision. The candidate must have demonstrated expertise and hands on experience in the following areas:
- Multivariate regression including Generalized Linear Modeling
- Actuarial concepts including personal lines class plan development
- Data mining techniques and software (such as decision trees)
- Technical Ability - fully conversant with the statistical/actuarial methods used in current Personal Lines class plan development
- Project Management - demonstrated ability to manage projects from beginning to end
- Critical Thinking/Analytic Skills - proven ability to analyze information and draw accurate conclusions in complex environments. Anticipates and resolves problems systematically
- Leadership - demonstrated ability to motivate staff and to make effective use of team skills. Holds people accountable
- Communication - written and verbal skills are clear, concise, accurate and timely. Able to communicate the results of technical analysis to non-technical audiences
WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION?
- FCAS/ACAS or advanced statistical degree
- Significant experience in actuarial pricing and research
- Extensive experience with advanced statistical methods including GLMs, GAMs, decision trees, neural networks
Technical lead on personal lines actuarial research and data mining, reporting to the AVP of Actuarial Research. Must demonstrate sophistication in mining techniques and use of software; extensive track record of successful business application of models; proven ability to lead efforts, and provide support to/ gain value from team-members.
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
- Develop rating structures and underwriting plans for Personal Auto and Homeowners using state of the art statistical/actuarial methods
- Develop and maintain credit models for use in Personal Auto and Homeowners rating structures
- Oversee the introduction of new statistical and data mining techniques to the Actuarial Research division
- Coordinate modeling and programming best practices for the division
At The Hartford, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay
competitive base salaries and we reward performance. The base salary
for this position ranges from $80,000 to $150,000. In addition, you
will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program
including medical insurance, a 401K Plan, an Employee Stock Purchase
Plan and more.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
This position resides on The Hartford's Southington, CT Personal
Lines campus. Southington is located 15 miles west of Hartford ,
offering a reverse commute, with easy access to I84 and I91. Free and
ample parking. The Southington campus offers a business casual work
environment, an on site medical facility, and ATM machine, and many
Apply here (Search for job keyword 020727).