- [AS94] R. Agrawal and R. Srikant, Fast Algorithms for Mining Association Rules (1994)
Proc. 20th Int. Conf. Very Large Data Bases, VLDB-94.
- [BS03] Bayardo, R. and R. Srikant, Technological Solutions for Protecting Privacy, IEEE Computer, Sep 2003
- [Ch73] Chernoff, H. (1973). Using faces to represent points in k-dimensional space graphically. Journal of American Statistical Association, 68, 361-368.
- [Do01] P. Domingos, MetaCost: a general method for making classifiers cost-sensitive, KDD-99, Proceedings of the 5th ACM SIGKDD international conference on Knowledge discovery and data mining,
ACM Press, 1999.
- [FPSU96] Fayyad, Piatetsky-Shapiro, Smyth, and Uthurusamy, Advances in Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, (Chapter 1), AAAI/MIT Press 1996.
- [Go99] Golub, T. et al, Science (v. 286), Oct 1999.
- [Is87] Inselberg, A., and Dimsdale, B. 1987. Parallel Coordinates for Visualizing Multi-Dimensional Geometry. In Proceedings of the Computer Graphics Intl. Conf.
- [MPSM96] C. Matheus, G. Piatetsky-Shapiro, and D. McNeill, Selecting and Reporting What is Interesting: The KEFIR Application to Healthcare Data, in Advances in Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, AAAI/MIT Press, 1996
- [PF97] Foster Provost and Tom Fawcett,
Analysis and Visualization of Classifier Performance: Comparison under Imprecise Class and Cost Distribution, KDD-97 (Third Int. Conf. on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining), AAAI Press, 1997.
- [PG88] Pickett and Grinstein, 1988, Iconographic displays for visualizing multidimensional data. In Proc. IEEE Conf. Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, 1988.
- [PKR03] Piatetsky-Shapiro, G., T. Khabaza, S. Ramaswamy, Capturing Best Practices for Microarray Data Analysis, Proceedings of ACM KDD-2003 Conference, ACM Press, 2003.
- [PM99] Piatetsky-Shapiro, G., B. Masand, Estimating Campaign Benefits and Modeling Lift, Proc. KDD-99, ACM Press, available from www.KDnuggets.com/gpspubs
- [PS95] Piatetsky-Shapiro, G., Guest Editor,
Knowledge Discovery in Databases vs. Personal Privacy - a discussion, IEEE Expert, April 1995.
- [PS00] Piatetsky-Shapiro, G. and S. Steingold, Measuring Lift Quality in Database Marketing, SIGKDD Explorations, December 2000.
- [PT03] Piatetsky-Shapiro, G. and P. Tamayo, Guest Editors,
Special Issue on Microarray Data Mining, SIGKDD Explorations 5(2), Dec 2003,
- [Se95] Senator, T.E., et al The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network AI System (FAIS): Identifying potential money laundering from reports of large cash transactions. AI Magazine 16, 4 (Winter 1995), 21-39.
- [Si03] R. Simon, Supervised Analysis When the Number of Candidate Features (p) Greatly Exceeds The Number of Cases (n),
SIGKDD Explorations Special Issue on Microarray Data Mining, Dec 2003,
- [Tu01] E. R. Tufte, The Visual Display of Quantitative Information", 2nd Edition, Graphics Press, 2001.
- [Qu93] Quinlan, J. Ross, C4.5: Programs for Machine Learning, Morgan Kaufmann, 1993.
- [WE99] Witten, Ian and Eibe Frank, Data Mining, Practical Machine Learning Tools and Techniques with Java Implementations, Morgan Kaufmann, 1999.
- [Wo02] Weng-Keen Wong, Andrew Moore, Gregory Cooper, Michael Wagner,
Rule-based Anomaly Pattern Detection for Detecting Disease Outbreaks, Proc. of the 18th National Conference on Artificial Intelligence, 2002.