From: Kim Fowler, FPS
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003
Subject: New York, NY (relocation benefits available): Senior Engagement Data Mining Analyst at Leading business intelligence software for financial sector
Salary: Up to 125k base plus bonus
Engagement Data Mining Analysts participate in multiple client implementation tasks. The successful applicant will work closely with project managers, subject matter experts, and other team members to successfully implement product libraries. Specific responsibilities include:
The work is diversified and challenging, and the position offers the right candidate excellent professional and leadership opportunities with tremendous career potential.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of behavior detection as it applies to the financial services industry
- Understand client business needs and product data requirements
- Assist in selecting existing company products to satisfy client business objectives
- Ensure the client has a thorough understanding of product functionality
- Discuss and document client business requirements
- Tune and validate product libraries deployed at client sites
- Interact with software and database engineers to enhance functionality of the company’s products
- Travel on some projects may be 50 – 60 %; some international
To qualify for this opportunity, candidates should have the right balance of the problem solving abilities, technical hands-on data analysis skills, financial business knowledge, and intellectual curiosity that are essential for knowledge discovery tasks.
Specific requirements include:
For consideration of this position, please send your resume in word format to Mike Cirner at Fowler Placement Services at Mike@fowlerplacement.com .
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Significant product implementation and/or consulting experience.
- Ability to convey technical functionality to a non-technical audience.
- At least 5 years of experience performing data analysis tasks using tools like SPSS/Clementine, SAS, SQL Developer, MS Access, MS Excel.
- Knowledge of predictive, statistical, or mathematical modeling, and data mining methods including decision trees, association rules, clustering, regression methods, neural nets.
- Graduate or undergraduate level degree focused on data analysis methodologies in business, scientific, or engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry is required.
- Familiarity with database modeling and data warehousing principles, and working knowledge of relational databases such as Oracle, Sybase, UDB, SQLServer.
- Experience with MS Windows / NT or Unix operating systems.
- Working knowledge of the software engineering principles.