Subject: The Present and Future of Recommender Systems, Sep 12-13, 2006 - Bilbao, Spain
Recommender Systems are applications that provide personalized advice
to users about products or services they might be interested in.
Recommender Systems are playing a major role in the Digital and
Social Networking Revolution and becoming a part of everyday life.
They are helping people efficiently manage content overload and dive
into the long tail of content discovery. The social prevalence of
this can be evidenced by the evolution of, and demand for,
personalized radio, television, video and on-line shopping.
The Summer School will bring together the concepts and practices of
Recommender Systems and is intended for both researchers (including
Ph.D. students) and for professionals and managers who want to
benefit from the best information on Recommender Systems and
personalization advances. An in-depth introduction to Recommender
Systems will be provided.
Participation in the Summer School is by acceptance only. Ten
scholarships for promising students will be granted.
Lecturers will include:
- Chris Anderson, Wired Magazine, US
- Todd Beaupre, Yahoo, Inc., US
- Jim Bennett, Netflix, Inc., US
- Dr. Alexander Felfernig, Klagenfurt University, Austria
- Dr. Rick Hangartner, MusicStrands, Inc., US
- Prof. Juntae Kim, Dongguk University, Korea
- Kaushal Kurapati, Ask.com, US
- Dr. Bamshad Mobasher, DePaul University, US
- Mike Mull, Yahoo, Inc., US
- Prof. Anton Nijholt, Twente University, The Netherlands
- Prof. John Riedl, University of Minnesota, US
- Jim Shur, MusicStrands, Inc., US
- Prof. Barry Smyth, University College Dublin, Ireland / ChangingWorlds Ltd.
- Dr. Markus G Stolze, IBM Research, US
- Dr. Marc Torrens, MusicStrands, Inc., U