Date: 02 Oct 2006
Subject: Redmond, WA: Research SDE Lead at Microsoft adCenter Labs
Microsoft adCenter Labs is an incubator of new digital advertising
technologies through state-of-the-art research, breakthrough
innovation, rapid prototyping, and large-scale system integration.
Our goal is to help deliver smarter, more relevant advertising to the
right people at the right time. Our ideal candidates will be strong
developers, who have a background in data mining/machine learning and
who have a passion for working as part of a research organization.
Visit our web site at http://adlab.microsoft.com
Title: Research SDE Lead
The Lead Research Developer will lead a team of developers to serve as
the development arm for the applied research effort in adCenter Labs,
incubating and building research prototypes in the areas of data
mining, information retrieval, machine learning, and emerging
advertising technologies. Design and develop innovative research
prototypes from proof-of-concept to functional production based on the
research algorithms from the applied researchers. Conduct demos and
present prototypes to product team or management team when
appropriate. Transfer implemented technologies to production team and
provide technical/coding consulting when needed. Play a
mission-critical role in validating research results and channeling
research into production that directly impacts Microsoft revenue.
- 5+ years of superior software development experience building commercial large-scale software systems
- Proven management skills (2+ years) leading a team of developers, preferably from an agile fast moving environment
- Excellence in algorithms, data structure, discrete math, data base and data warehousing
- Demonstrated clear and thorough logical and analytical thinking, as well as problem solving skills
- Experience of Web UI, middle tier, and data back end development
- Production coding experience in web scripting, C/C++, .NET framework, Perl, SQL/MDX
- Proven professional experience in processing large-scale commercial data. Experience with web data a plus.
- Superior and proactive communications skills, including verbal, written, and presentation.
- A proven team player and contributor.
- Self-directed, ability to work independently and research innovative solutions to business problems
- Aptitude of working on multiple projects in parallel.
- Attention to details and data accuracy.
- MS or BS degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent is required for this position.
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com.