Date: 02 Oct 2006
Subject: Redmond, WA: Research SDE at Microsoft adCenter Labs
Microsoft adCenter Labs is an incubator of new digital advertising
technologies through state-of-the-art research, breakthrough
innovation, rapid prototyping, and large-scale system integration.
Our goal is to help deliver smarter, more relevant advertising to the
right people at the right time. Our ideal candidates will be strong
developers, who have a background in data mining/machine learning and
who have a passion for working as part of a research organization.
Visit our web site at http://adlab.microsoft.com
As a Research Developer, you will be working side by side with
applied researchers in the adCenter Labs to incubate and build
research prototypes in the areas of data mining, information retrieval
and online auction. Realize the algorithms in the form of research
prototypes to functional production components. Conducting applied
research experiments using large-scale commercial data to validate
research ideas, hypothesis, and results. Transfer implemented
technologies to production team and provide technical/coding
consulting when needed.
- Top-notch software developer with 2+ years industry experience in a leading/critical role of building commercial large-scale software systems
- Excellence in algorithms, data structure, discrete math, data base and data warehousing
- Demonstrated clear and thorough logical and analytical thinking, as well as problem solving skills
- Experience of Web UI, middle tier, and data back end development
- Production coding experience in web scripting, C/C++, .NET framework, Perl, SQL/MDX
- Proven professional experience in processing large-scale commercial data. Experience with web data a plus.
- Superior and proactive communications skills, including verbal, written, and presentation.
- A proven team player and contributor.
- Self-directed, ability to work independently and research innovative solutions to business problems
- Aptitude of working on multiple projects in parallel.
- Attention to details and data accuracy
- MS or BS degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent is required for this position
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.