Date: 09 Oct 2006
Subject: New York, NY: Marketing Manager, Customer Intelligence/Analytics (SQL, SAS) at Barnes & Noble.com
Challenging opportunity in the marketing analytics/customer
intelligence area of Barnes & Noble. This person will be the lead
analyst for B&N's marketing promotions, loyalty program, and customer
behavior in stores and online.
- Support all areas of the Customer Intelligence (Marketing Analysis and Research) department: Database querying and ad hoc reporting in Oracle environment using SQL, statistical analysis, campaign design (test vs. control set up, sample size estimation, etc.), and campaign lift and profitability analysis.
- Through analysis, support various customer marketing functions: customer acquisition, retention, cross-selling, products recommendation, and loyalty program.
- Organize and interpret results from various analyses and present key findings and recommendations to the marketing department.
- Perform and recommend new ways of customer analysis using statistical techniques such as Regression, CHAID, CART, etc.
- Work with a diverse team of marketing, merchandising and finance colleagues to interpret their needs, turn them into queries or reports, and translate the numbers back into actionable suggestions.
- Work with diverse databases (customers, sales, products, etc.), manipulate information from different data sources, and write queries across them to access different types of data.
- Focus analysis on sales triggers and incremental business opportunities.
- 5+ years of experience in SQL programming in a relational database environment, with thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Access and Excel.
- 2+ years of SAS programming skills. College degree in Statistics or related field a plus.
- Strong relational database analytical and statistical skills.
- Direct Marketing experience required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be a good translator between marketing, database/technical terminology, and daily business language.
- Familiarity with a loyalty program in Book or Retail industry a plus.
- Experience managing a team preferred.
Apply by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the job code KD-MMCA in the Subject of your email.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.