Date: 25 Oct 2007
Subject: St Paul, MN: Business Intelligence : Decision Support Analyst, at Ecolab
Business Intelligence, Global Business Solutions
This position is based in St Paul, MN and will report to the Corporate Business Intelligence Manager.
The Corporate Business Intelligence Team is located at the Ecolab Corporate Headquarters in downtown St Paul, and is focused on meeting business analysis needs across multiple divisions. Currently data are located in a combination of Enterprise Data Warehouses as well as in individual stores.
This position will interact with several members of Ecolab's diverse divisions. The candidate will be expected to develop a robust understanding of field structure, solution / product and Business Unit / product group / product structure, corporate accounts, distributor sales, and service reporting.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work independently, balance priorities, accurately assess feasibility of requests, estimate size of effort, flexibly adapt to changing requirements, and demonstrate initiative. This is an excellent position for individuals who have a passion for data analysis.
Skills and Experience:
- Developing custom, business intelligence / data mining workflow for business insights.
- Data analysis, cleansing, and extraction using large datasets.
- Develop prototype algorithms and solutions to address analysis needs in a timely manner .
- Perform data extraction, manipulation, and cleaning. Involvement in cube build processes specifically for data mining.
- Perform ad-hoc OLAP, data mining analysis.
- Perform analysis to identify characteristics that can be used as tracking, predictive metrics. In addition, develop analyses on metrics that are the current standard in the business.
- Generate, modify, and maintain analysis to flexibly serve key business initiatives and drivers.
- Develop solutions that can be implemented and used to enhance business insights and information improvement.
- Contribute to development of data mining and business intelligence competencies within the Corporate Business Intelligence Function.
- BA/ BS Degree (Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Operations Research, or other quantitatively-inclined degree required). Masters preferred.
- Database skills : Experience working with different database environments - SQL Server, Access
- Programming skills : Proficiency in SQL, PL / SQL, MDX, scripting languages ( Perl, Python, PHP )
- Experience with .NET framework , Visual Studio environment.
- Parsing and Data Transformation skills : Minimum 2 years of experience manipulating and working with large datasets using SQL, Perl, or equivalent tools.
- Data Mining skills : Minimum 2 years of experience working with modern machine learning and/or data mining methods such as clustering, association rules, boosting, bagging, genetic algorithms etc.
- Quantitative skills: Experience with standard quantitative measures, fundamental statistics. Must have sufficient experience to use alternative approaches to data analysis problems.
- Experience with statistical packages (SAS, S-plus) a huge plus.
- Experience with text mining, time-series data, forecasting, simulation, and/or optimization a plus.
- Dynamic learner who has a passion for data manipulation and ability to see beyond the numbers.
or apply online at www.ecolab.com/careers.