Date: 26 Oct 2007
Subject: New York, NY: Data Mining Analyst at TACODA
As part of the TACODA Analytics team, you will be excited by the
flexible and supportive environment where innovative ideas are
incubated to lead and change the online advertising business. We have
a huge amount of data ranging from online and offline transaction log,
customer and user profiles, inventory usage data, and other data
sources, which contains valuable information for building cutting-edge
advertising technologies and for making critical business strategies
and decisions. As a Data Mining Analyst, you will be faced with the
challenge of efficiently processing petabytes of data, discovering
information, and putting it into actions to improve ad relevance as
well as increase our revenue.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Research appropriate methods and computational algorithms
- Develop methods for modeling and analyzing quantitative data collected by Tacoda and/or through integration of third party data sources.
- Develop and implement techniques for visualizing and presenting above data and analysis results through TACODA's web-based software.
- Develop and implement research approaches and methodologies for client's engagements.
- Evolve and validate new and existing research tools.
- Apply quantitative and advanced statistical and machine learning concepts to large datasets.
- Conceptualize, and support design and implementation of analytic models developed.
- Document methodologies, models and software.
- Keep abreast of recent statistical and data mining innovations and trends developed at leading universities.
- Help secure protection for developed intellectual property.
- Represent TACODA internally and externally in industry events, R&D partnerships.
- Publish research for periodicals or press.
- Build predictive models and perform customer segmentation
- Manage the day-to-day aspects of modeling operations (SAS, data sources, workflow, etc.) to ensure that the modeling and production infrastructure performs efficiently
- Analyze performance of models
- Perform exploratory data analysis to interpret our customer data and enhance our targeting and optimization
- Refine and validate current data, find and evaluate new data sources
- Provide analysis of data trends
- Provide detailed technical descriptions of data analytics and summarize key findings and distribute to various departments
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Strong background in mathematical statistics a must.
- Extensive knowledge of supervised and/or unsupervised data mining and machine learning methodologies: clustering techniques, latent-class models, market research models (conjoint and choice models, Bayesian models), time series, nonlinear models, optimization algorithms.
- Knowledge of multi-dimensional visualization techniques.
- Experience with large simulation models.
- Proficiency with mathematical and statistical packages such as R(SPLUS), SAS, Stata, Matlab, or SPSS a must.
- Experience using non-commercial data discovery tools developed at universities a plus.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL a plus.
- Rigorous, independent thinker.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must possess a clear, concise communication style so as to interface efficiently and effectively with the customer and fellow technical personnel.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to help drive the customer project. Demonstrated confidence and ability to relate professionally to a wide range of individuals. Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and in both an independent and team environment. Ability to work in conjunction with third party development house and overseas outsourcing.
- Punctual, responsive, reliable and responsible. Self-motivated, enthusiastic and capable of developing a plan and the ability to execute the plan on time and within budgetary guidelines.
- Able to travel on an as needed basis.
- Five plus years of experience in statistical research, data discovery, data mining/machine learning, and statistical modeling with large data sets.
- Proven ability to turn research into a working software algorithm.
- Graduate degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Physics or a related field, PhD preferred
- Extensive experience utilizing SAS and SQL
- Strong quantitative/analytical skills and extensive attention to detail
- Direct Marketing, Internet and/or Marketing Analytics experience a plus
- Experience with large databases
- High energy level; flexible, adaptive, inquisitive and keen understanding of technology
- Independent self starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Unix experience (preferred)
- 3+ years experience in building predictive response models, including regression analysis and decision trees, with online marketing data (web analytics, ad server log files, clickstream, etc.)
- Experience with data modeling, optimization and reporting
Please send your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements to [email protected] with the job title (Data Mining Analyst) in the subject line.