From: Peter C. Bruce
Date: 14 Mar 2008
Subject: Online Data Mining Courses at statistics.com
Statistics.com offers a wide range of online courses in data mining
and statistics. Participants can ask questions and exchange comments
with instructors (noted experts) via a private discussion board over a
4-5 week course. All courses involve hands on homework with
Coming up soon:
Other courses include:
- Apr 11 - May 9: "Microarray Analysis in R" with S. Purohit & S. Deshmukh
- Apr 25 - May 23: "Logistic Regression" with J. Hilbe
- Jun 20 - Jul 18: "Text Mining" with N. Indurkhya and F. Damerau
- Sep 12 - Oct 10: "Data Mining 1" with T. Babinec
And 50+ courses in advanced and introductory statistics. Faculty include
- Decision Trees and Rule Based Segmentation
- Cluster Analysis
- Discrete Choice (Conjoint) Analysis
- Natural Language Processing
Check the calendar and complete course descriptions at http://www.statistics.com .
- Nitin Indurkhya and Fred Damerau (authors of Text Mining, Wiley),
- Joseph Hilbe (ASA Fellow and author of texts on generalized linear models and logistic regression, CRC Press),
- Anthony Babinec (as Director of Advanced Products Marketing at SPSS; he worked on the marketing of Clementine and introduced CHAID, neural nets and other advanced technologies to SPSS),
- and more.
Copyright © 2008 KDnuggets. Subscribe to KDnuggets News!