The annual ACM SIGKDD conference is the premier international forum for data mining researchers and practitioners from academia, industry, and government to share their ideas, research results and experiences. Early reg deadline June 29
We are weeks away from the
18th International ACM SIGKDD Conference,
The program of this year's conference is very impressive and is bound to make KDD 2012 one of the most successful SIGKDD events yet:
For a second year in a row, the
will be the forum for leading industry experts from diverse areas of data science application - from Internet and social network leaders, to financial institutions, government organizations, and research institutions.
There are several important deadlines approaching. If you plan to attend KDD 2012, you may want to take advantage of the
early bird registration, which closes on June 29, 2012. As usual, SIGKDD members enjoy the biggest registration discounts (more than 30%), so make sure you become a SIGKDD member before you register for KDD 2012. Here you can find information about the additional benefits of SIGKDD membership and details on how to join.
- Big Data Panel, featuring Big Data pioneers such as SIGKDD Chair Dr. Usama Fayyad (ChoozOn) and former SIGKDD Innovation Award recipient Dr. Christos Faloutsos (Carnegie-Melon University).
- Keynotes from leading data science experts such as Robin Li, Co-founder, Chairman and CEO of Baidu, the leading search engine in China and the third largest independent search engine in the world.
- Tutorials on social media analytics, Internet ad systems, online recommendations, financial market predictions from scientists at AT&T, Harvard, Microsoft, UCLA and Yahoo!
- Workshops to explore data mining applications for social media, healthcare, security, and urban computing
- First of its kind summer school, focused on two of the hottest topics in data mining today: Mining Complex Data and Large Scale Data Mining of Big Data.
- Asia-Pacific track, giving a forum to the growing number of scientists from the region to share their contributions to KDD and increase awareness and momentum of KDD research in this region.
- Award sessions
for winners of ACM SIGKDD Innovation and Service Awards and the KDD Cup competition.
Finally, we are looking forward to your nominations for this year's
SIGKDD Service and Innovation Awards, which recognize outstanding technical and service contributions to the KDD field. Nominations should include a 1-2 page summary statement justifying the nomination along with other supporting materials. Each nomination should be co- sponsored by at least three people. Deadline to submit your nominations is July 1, 2012 and you can find
more details about the process here.
We hope to see you in Beijing!
KDD 2012 Organization Committee