From: Soheil Shams
Date: 7 Oct 2004
Subject: El Segundo, CA: Senior Pattern Recognition Software Engineer at BioDiscovery
Looking for a motivated individual with a proven experience in
development of commercial grade software systems to become part of our
development team. As a key member of the team this individual will
design and develop complex Java-based applications, as well as modify
and maintain existing software, as related to applications in image
analysis and statistical pattern recognition. Primary focus of this
position is to produce high-quality commercial Java
applications. Bioinformatics background and knowledge of microarray
technology is preferred. Experience working within a
cross-disciplinary development group required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Develop, maintain, and support bioinformatics image and data analysis applications using Java swing technologies
- Develop software independently as well as in conjunction with others in the development team.
- Maintain and debug existing application code.
- Creation and maintenance of detailed requirement documents and development plan independently and with product management staff.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Develop software licensing interfaces to commercial packages, such as Flexlm
- Proven design, debugging, and programming skills using Java and swing technologies.
- Strong knowledge of OOP and Design Patterns.
- experience building user-friendly GUI in Swing
- Experience with Ant, XML, UML, jUnit and CVS
- knowledge of statistical analysis techniques such as hypothesis testing, regression analysis, re-sampling, experimental design
- knowledge of image analysis approaches such as image/signal filtering and pattern recognition
- Background in Biology/Genomics and particularly microarrays is desirable.
For consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to:
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Applied Math, or equivalent.
- Four to Eight (4-8) years experience in software development life cycle
- Minimum of three (3) years experience with custom application software development using Java.
100 N. Sepulveda Blvd., Suite 1230
El Segundo, CA 90245