From: Fabian Mörchen
Date: 28 Mar 2005
Subject: Software: Databionic ESOM Tools
The Databionic ESOM Tools is a suite of programs to perform data mining
tasks like clustering, visualization, and classification with Emergent
Self-Organizing Maps (ESOM). Features include:
The ESOM Tools are being developed by the Databionics Research Group at
the University of Marburg, Germany. The ESOM Tools are written in Java
for maximum portability and published under the terms of the GPL.
- Training of ESOM with different initialization methods, training
algorithms, distance functions, parameter cooling strategies, ESOM grid
topologies, and neighborhood kernels.
- Visualization of high dimensional dataspace with U-Matrix, P-Matrix,
Component Planes, SDH, and more.
- Animated visualization of the training process.
- Interactive, explorative data analysis and clustering by linking ESOM
to the training data, data classifications, and data descriptions.
- Creation of ESOM classifier and automated application to new data.
- Creation of non-redundant U-Maps from toroid ESOM.
Copyright © 2005 KDnuggets. Subscribe to KDnuggets News!