Date: 12 Apr 2007
Subject: Cary, NC: Research Statistician - Data Mining Applications Development - 07001251 at SAS
Job Field: Software R&D
As a member of the SAS Enterprise Miner Development team, you will
develop data mining applications using advanced statistical and
machine learning procedures. Developing SAS code modules for
end-users will be included in your responsibilities. In this role, you
will incorporate data aggregation, data exploration, and supervised
modeling functions; collaborate with applications developers, senior
statistical researchers, product marketing, systems engineers, and
technical support personnel; and work with testing and documentation
staff to develop test plans and contribute to product documentation.
- Ph.D./Master's degree in computer science or a related quantitative field.
- Experience developing analytical applications in a business or customer environment.
- Experience programming in the SAS language.
- Experience using SAS to deliver analytical applications to end-users.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as with a team.
- At least three years of experience developing analytical applications in a business or customer environment.
- At least three years of experience programming in the SAS language.
- A minimum of two years of experience in a structured programming language, such as C or FORTRAN.
- Experience with SAS Macro and SQL programming.
- Knowledge of predictive modeling methods and model assessment techniques.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
How to apply:
Applications accepted online only at:
All other forms of application may not be considered. Please refer to job #
07001251 when applying online.