Date: Nov 6, 2009
We invite proposals for INFORMS Data Mining Contest 2010.
INFORMS Data Mining Contest is the 3th annual Data Mining Contest of INFORMS.
The result of the contest will be presented at the INFORMS 2010 conference held in Austin, Texas, USA, November 7-10, 2010.
Proposals should include a short paragraph on each of the following items:
1. Description of the problem addressed, with general background information on the application domain.
2. Description of the available data, guarantee of availability, guarantee of confidentiality of the "ground truth", and size.
3. Description of the competition tasks, their scientific and technical merit and their practical significance.
4. Description of the evaluation procedures and established baselines.
5. Whether the competition is new or has been held before.
A good competition task is one that is practically useful, scientifically or technically challenging, can be done without extensive application domain knowledge, and can be evaluated objectively.
Of particular interests are non-traditional tasks that may need novel techniques and solutions.
Please send your proposals to louis.gosselin at hotmail.com