The current KDnuggets Analytics / Data Mining Tools Poll prompted Anne Milley to analyze past tool polls.
While KDnuggets Tools are not scientific, and occasionally vendors become overly enthusiastic, they are a useful reflection of popularity of analytics and data mining tool.
In particular, they accurately reflect the rise of open-source tools, such as R and RapidMiner, at the expense of market share of tools like Clementine.
Anne Milley used JMP to analyze the results of the last 10 KDnuggets Data Mining Tools Polls - here is a preview of her results.
See also a very nice animation of commercial, open-source, and own code proportion and her full blog at Data Mining Poll Data Over the Years.
Here are the past KDnuggets polls
- 2010 Poll: Data Mining / Analytic Tools Used
- 2009 Poll: Data Mining Tools Used
- 2008 Poll: What data mining tools have you used for a real project in the past 6 months?
- 2007 Poll: Data Mining / Analytic Software (Tools)
- 2006 Poll: Data mining tools
- 2005 Poll: Data mining tools you used
- 2004 Poll: Data mining software you use frequently 2003 Poll: Data mining tools you regularly use
- 2002 Poll: What data mining tools you regularly use?
- 2001 Poll: Data mining tools you regularly use
- 2000 Poll: Data Mining Tools You Regularly Use