From: Monica Woolhiser
Date: 15 Feb 2005
Subject: Beaverton, OR: Senior Software Engineer - Intelligent Search Engine at Unicru
Unicru is the leading provider of Total Workforce Acquisition
solutions that enable enterprises to systematically select the highest
quality employees across job roles throughout the enterprise to
positively impact corporate outcomes through workforce
initiatives. Unicru combines scientifically-proven employee selection
assessments, applicant recruitment, hiring management decision
support, and complete data capture for measurement and continuous
improvement of business results for over 60 enterprises including
Albertsons, Universal Studios, Blockbuster, CVS, Kroger, and
Southeastern Freightlines. For more information, visit www.unicru.com
Lead the development of artificial intelligence-based search engine components.
- Work with the architecture team to extend our SmartMatch intelligent search engine.
- Specify, design, implement, and maintain software components and supporting tools.
- Develop in J2EE/EJB and Microsoft .NET environment at application and user interface levels.
- Ability to provide estimates of scope of work and time to delivery.
- Ensure quality of deliverables using best practices of development processes.
Scope and Accountability:
- Monitor, analyze and troubleshoot serious problems in daily operations.
- Technically lead design and implementation projects and drive topics to conclusions.
- Co-develop solutions and resolve problems with vendors and partners.
- Experience developing commercial artificial intelligence systems, particularly rule-based and knowledge-based systems.
- Proven knowledge of system analysis, server-side applications, and data modeling.
- Production programming experience in C# (preferred) and Java, with the .Net or J2EE/EJB frameworks.
- Experience with ontology-based systems and text extraction techniques strongly preferred.
- Experience developing intelligent search engines preferred.
- Track record of delivering high quality software from a defect, usability, and performance perspective. Strong discipline of quality assuring development practices.
- Handle multiple projects with reliable scheduling and status reporting.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Communicate effectively between technical and service groups. Able to document specifications and designs.
- Strong collaborative skills and team orientation.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science.
- Masters of PhD in Artificial Intelligence strongly preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience in software development.
Talent Acquisition Manager
9525 SW Gemini Drive
Beaverton, OR. 97008