From: Janice Evans
Date: 15 Feb 2005
Subject: Bellevue, WA: Business Analyst: Customer Analytics at drugstore.com
drugstore.com, inc. (NASDAQ: DSCM) is a leading online provider of health, beauty, wellness, personal care, vision and pharmacy solutions. Located on the Internet at www.drugstore.com, the drugstore.comô Web store sells health, beauty, wellness, personal care, sexual well-being and pharmacy products. The online store provides a convenient, private, and informative shopping experience that encourages consumers to purchase products essential to healthy, everyday living.
General Job Description:
This full time position is responsible for strategic and tactical
support of customer analysis functions for the company, primarily
through the analysis & dissemination of information from internal &
external data sources. This individual will work closely with
Marketing, Finance, Merchandising, Operations, Technology and various
members of senior management on database and decision support projects
that contribute to a comprehensive view of the company's market
position, as well as providing insight on the existing and potential
customer base. The position will be responsible for developing and
executing strategic market and customer analysis project at the
request of senior management, as well as prioritizing / supporting ad
hoc requests for other areas of the company.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Work with Directors and senior management to design market / product analyses, utilizing multiple sources of internal and external databases
- Serve as the primary resource for senior management for the analysis and profiling of customer information - responsible for assessing the quality and growth potential of the current & future buyers
- Key resource for the development of strategic objectives & initiatives relating to customer performance
- Provide short-term and intermediate-term analytical support for Marketing, Market Research & Merchandising initiatives - ranging from product analyses, customer profiling and SWOT (Strength, Weakness, Opportunity & Tactics) analyses.
- Resource for acquisition of external data and software relating to the customer
- Design / develop formal presentations to senior management / channel executives to summarize and identify key trends in market position (market share, competitive set, relative performance vs. key retail / catalog / web competitors)
- Design / develop on-going reporting regarding product / merchandising group performance against key competitor set
- Communicate and work effectively to ensure that Marketing and senior management analytical requirements are met.
- Assist Marketing, Merchandising and Executive Team management on projects as needed
- 5-8 years experience in working with market research / strategic planning / merchandising planning in a retail or direct marketing environment.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business, statistics, finance or market research
- MBA / Master's degree in business, marketing research preferred
- Experience in working with survey or panel market research data (Simmons, NPD, Scarborough, etc) in the development / execution / tracking of strategic planning, customer profiling and / or merchandising planning
- Targeted marketing experience, particularly in the area of customer email programs
- Experience in data mining, analyzing large datasets & quantifying customer purchase behavior / web visitation trends. Demonstrated experience in statistical modeling & other trend analysis methods (examples: ordinary least squares, logistic regression, survival analysis, neural networks, text mining)
- Hands-on experience in working with web site analysis tools and/or web activity data
- Experience / advance training in the use of SQL, SAS or SPSS data analysis software; experience / exposure to Business Objects or other OLAP tools.
- Experience in design & presentation of market analysis results to broad audiences, including senior management and channel executives
- Demonstrated work experience in MS Office software (Excel, ACCESS, PowerPoint)
- Work experience in design, execution and evaluation of market research projects preferred.
- Accurate and detail oriented.
- Highly motivated, a team player and a self-starter.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to change.
Manager, Recruiting & Retention