KDnuggetsTM News 06:n18, Sep 26, 2006
- Poll Results: Data Mining Deployment
- New Poll: Your main role in relation to data mining?
- Blogs on Data Mining: Data Temp, sparklines, KDD-06, and more ...
- Top items from KDnuggets News 06:n17, Sep 12
- Pentaho buys Weka project, hires 5 Weka developers
- Google Debuts 200-Year News Archive Search
- Get real data mining results for free - Download Rule Discovery System
- Bioinformatic web server APID: Agile Protein Interaction DataAnalyzer
- Carrot2 Search Results Clustering Engine, release 2.0
- Fair Isaac free web seminar: Innovation In-Database, Oct 4
- KXEN Webinar: Decision making with Exploratory Modeling, Oct 12
- Predictive Analytics for Business and Marketing, Prediction Impact, Oct, San Francisco
- NeuroSolutions Neural Network Course: Orlando, FL, Nov 6-10, 2006
- San Francisco, CA: Statistical Analyst/Data Modeler at Quality Planning Corporation
- Omaha, NE, USA: Statistical Analyst at Omnium Worldwide, Inc.
- Houston, TX: Senior Statistical Analyst at HP
- Richmond, VA: Manager of Applications Development (Data Mining Related) at Blue Hawk, LLC
- Princeton, NJ: Research Scientist - Semantic Analysis at Siemens Corporate Research
- Toronto, ON, Canada: Data Mining Analyst at Waterfront International
- Postdoc/RA: Gene Expression Mining Project in U. of Singapore
- What Makes A Good Analyst?
- U of Arizona using data mining to search for terrorists
- Cornell project seeks to sort facts from opinions
- Data mining gets a makeover (call it Fusion)
- Insightful Customer Named Finalist for Computerworld BI Award
- SPSS 15.0 Released to Support Development of Predictive Enterprises
- Simba Technologies Set to Support Microsoft Excel 2007 Pivot Tables MDX Language
- New search engine helps creative discovery
- Luis von Ahn wins $500,000 MacArthur "genius" award
- Caterpillar Uses PROCEED to Optimize New Engine Design
- Full Capture Solutions, Inc. Secures $7 million in Series B Funding
- Houston Rockets run their analytics in Miner3D
- Insightful Optimize Financial Solutions Conference, Oct 5 (NY), Oct 6 (Boston)
- M2006, World's largest data mining conference: attendees strike gold
- Machine Learning at FLAIRS-2007, due Nov 20
FLAIRS-2007, due Nov 20
Data Mining for Personalization, Special Issue, due Jan 15, 2007
Ironically, one of the phrases most likely to indicate opinion is "It is a fact that ..."
Claire Cardie, Cornell professor of computer science.