From: Gaudet, Michelle
Date: 13 Nov 2007
Subject: Minnetonka, MN: VP Analytics at United Health Group
Ingenix delivers Intelligence for Health Care. A UnitedHealth Group
company, Ingenix unites the brightest minds to transform organizations
and improve health care through information and technology. We serve a
diverse customer base within the health care community, including
health care payers, providers, employers, pharmaceutical companies,
consumers, workers' compensation and auto liability insurers, and
The Vice President of Analytic Office is responsible for formulating
business strategies, operating plans and business transformation
initiatives to advance the Anti Fraud and Recovery Solutions business
unit using advanced analytics. The incumbent works with senior
executives on strategies and tactics to leverage health care data,
analytics, and technology to profitably grow the business and create a
sustainable competitive advantage for Ingenix. This senior role will
oversee a team of more than 40 employees with very diverse
backgrounds, including Biostatisticians, Data Miners, SAS Programmers,
Fraud Data Analysts and Statistical Analysts. The workforce is
Lead, motivate and manage a superior analytic and technical team by recruiting, developing and retaining highly performing talent in key positions.
- Help to create, analyze and maintain explanatory/predictive models of using healthcare claim data. This includes all phases of the modeling process: research design, data extraction and cleaning, model building and validation.
- Play a key role in defining, directing, and implementing modeling processes, programs, and tools that support business research and decision making.
- Provide process direction to ensure that all investigations based on model results are accomplished in an efficient and effective manner.
- Create quality assurance plans and methods for daily activities and all significant initiatives to ensure validity of analytic results.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with key customer stakeholders and act as a bridge between the analytics and operational teams.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously within a changing organizational environment.
- Create and manage annual department budget.
- Minimum of ten years healthcare industry experience in healthcare analytics and project management.
- A basic understanding of claims processing combined with expertise in healthcare reimbursement, including familiarity with standard industry coding systems such as CPT-4, ICD-9-CM, HCPCS, and UB-04 Revenue Codes at a minimum
- General familiarity with a variety of analytic techniques, ranging from simple univariate and bivariate statistics to more complex methodologies such as multivariate regressions, cluster analysis, and neural networks. SAS knowledge is a definite plus.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in managing the identification and deployment of innovative ideas
- Experience in leading teams of 20 plus employees with a demonstrated ability to recruit, develop and motivate top talent. Experience leading a global workforce preferred.
- Strong project and change management experience.
- A basic understanding of the IT infrastructure needed to support complex data analyses.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- A Bachelor's degree with 10 or more years of relevant experience is required. A Master's degree or PhD in a relevant discipline is strongly preferred.