KDnuggets™ News 12:n30, Dec 28
Features (3) |
Software (1) |
Webcasts (3) |
Meetings (1) |
Jobs (4) |
Academic (2) |
Competitions (2) |
Publications (4) |
CFP (9) |
- KDD-2013 Call for Papers - Dec 20, 2012.
KDD-2013, 19th ACM SIGKDD Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining Conference, is the premier conference on data mining and data science. KDD is a dual track conference hosting both a research track and an industrial/government track. Abstracts due Feb 15.
- Data Scientist at SAS, San Diego, CA - Dec 22, 2012.
As a member of Financial Services Modeling team, analyze customer data and build high-end analytical models for key business problems like credit card fraud, credit risk, network security, tax fraud detection, and revenue and collections optimization.
- Modeling Scientist/Engineer at Quantcast, San Francisco, CA - Dec 21, 2012.
Creatively tackle Quantcast most complex quantitative modeling problems and advance the company core statistical inference and algorithmic technology for audience targeting. Our Scientific advisors include top Stanford professors Jerome Friedman and Trevor Hastie.
- Senior Analyst, Decision Analytics - Healthcare Vertical at EXL Service, Jersey City, NJ or New York, NY or Hartford, CT - Dec 20, 2012.
A Senior Analyst focus is on end service delivery of analysis and guiding junior staff. EXL Decision Analytics group helps companies tease meaning out of their data to optimize business processes
- Engagement Manager, Decision Analytics - Healthcare Vertical at EXL Service (Decision Analytics Group), Jersey City, NJ or New York, NY or Hartford, CT - Dec 20, 2012.
EXL Decision Analytics group helps companies tease meaning out of their data to optimize business processes. We are a rapidly growing company that offers exciting career opportunities in the area of analytics
- Big Data: Word Of The Year ( comments) - Dec 24, 2012.
Here is an argument why Big Data should be word of the year.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 24-26: Why is Deep Learning finally succeeding; What does randomness look like? - Dec 27, 2012.
Why is Deep Learning (Deep Neural Networks) finally succeeding in difficult AI tasks?; What does randomness look like? Including V-1 bombs, glow-worms, Dilbert, and Poisson; Where to find time-series data? Quandl is a collaboratively curated portal; Data mining to help reduce traffic congestion: Cellphone, GPS data suggest new strategy
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 20-23: 6 reasons you hired the wrong data scientist; Are the Data Scientists Future CEOs? - Dec 24, 2012.
6 reasons you hired the wrong data scientist - #6 he/she does not challenge you; Are the Data Scientists Future CEOs? ; Dice lists top skills desired for data analytics pros: Hadoop, MongoDB, Django, but no SAS, R, python? Most influential Data Scientists on Twitter
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 17-19: Gun Deaths vs Gun Ownership graph; A programmer's guide to big data: 12 tools - Dec 20, 2012.
Gun Deaths vs Gun Ownership graph: the price US pays for its love of guns; A programmer's guide to big data: 12 tools to know; Who are the most notable and influential data scientists? Intel-recommended Book: "Statistical and Machine-Learning Data Mining"
CFP - Calls for Papers
One of the advantages of being disorganized is that one is always having surprising discoveries.