Subject: New Book: Fuzzy Modeling and Genetic Algorithms for Data Mining and Exploration
Order direct from Morgan Kaufmann and receive a 15% discount with free shipping!
(When ordering please refer to code: 82067)
Morgan Kaufmann Publishers
is proud to announce our recent
publication in data mining:
Fuzzy Modeling and Genetic Algorithms for Data Mining and Exploration
By Earl Cox
Paperback, 540 pages
Fuzzy Modeling and Genetic Algorithms for Data Mining and Exploration is a handbook for analysts, engineers, and managers involved in developing data mining models in business and government. As youíll discover, fuzzy
systems are extraordinarily valuable tools for representing and manipulating all kinds of data, and genetic algorithms and evolutionary programming techniques drawn from biology provide the most effective means for designing and tuning these systems.
You donít need a background in fuzzy modeling or genetic algorithms to benefit, for this book provides it, along with detailed instruction in methods that you can immediately put to work in your own projects. The author provides many diverse examples and also an extended example in which evolutionary strategies are used to create a complex scheduling system.
- Written to provide analysts, engineers, and managers with the background and specific instruction needed to develop and implement more effective data mining systems.
- Helps you to understand the trade-offs implicit in various models and model architectures.
- Provides extensive coverage of fuzzy SQL querying, fuzzy clustering, and fuzzy rule induction.
- Lays out a roadmap for exploring data, selecting model system measures, organizing adaptive feedback loops, selecting a model configuration, implementing a working model, and validating the final model.
- In an extended example, applies evolutionary programming techniques to solve a complicated scheduling problem.
- Presents examples in C, C++, Java, and easy-to-understand pseudo-code.
- Extensive online component, including sample code and a complete data mining workbench.
Find out more! Reviews,
sample chapters, table of contents...