Montreal - January 4, 2010 - Provalis Research is pleased to announce the beta testing of WordStat 6, our text mining and content analysis add-on for QDA Miner (our qualitative analysis software) and Simstat (our statistical software). We would like to invite people to participate to the beta testing. This upcoming version 6 of WordStat will offer many new features such as:
- Redesigned interface, making the software easier to learn and to use.
- Improved linguistic resources for taxonomy building.
- New and improved visualization tools, including stacked bars, bubble plots, proximity plot, concept maps, etc.
- Automatic extraction and analysis of phrases using clustering and correspondence analysis.
- More flexible crosstabulation feature with automatic date transformation, combination of variables, etc.
If you would like to participate to the beta testing, simply contact us by filling the form at the bottom of this page. We offer the possibility for beta testers to run fully functional versions of all our software (including QDA Miner and Simstat) up until March 31st, 2010 (or later). The best beta testers may also receive complimentary copies of our tools.
WordStat is a content analysis and text mining add-on to QDA Miner and Simstat. It allows one to analyze a large amount of text pretty quickly (up to 20 million words per minute), and automatically extract themes and identify patterns. This tool may also be used to categorize the content of large collections of documents with dictionaries containing words, word patterns, phrases and proximity rules. It may also apply machine learning techniques to automatically classify documents into mutually exclusive categories.
About QDA Miner
QDA Miner is an easy-to-use qualitative analysis software tool or coding, annotating, retrieving and analyzing small and large collections of documents, such as interview or focus-group transcripts, journal articles, web pages, patents and technical reports, as well as customer feedback and open-ended responses. The program can manage complex projects and analyze simultaneously unstructured text, images, and numerical and categorical data.