Moneywatch.com, Lynn O'Shaughnessy | May 26, 2010
What are the hottest careers in America?
No need to look further for the hottest jobs. What I've got here is the second annual list compiled by the University of California, San Diego, on the career fields with the biggest demand and growth potential.
1. Healthcare information technology. Technicians are needed for such emerging jobs as healthcare integration engineer, healthcare systems analyst, clinical IT consultant, and technology support specialist.
2. Clinical Trials Design and Management for Oncology. Biopharmaceutical drug companies have more than doubled investment in research and development in the past decade. Managing clinical trials include choosing appropriate dosages, designing treatment plans and recruiting patients.
3. Data mining. Data mining is the technique for extracting specific types of information or patterns from large databases. A study from the University of California, Berkeley, found that data in the world doubles every three years.
4. Embedded engineering. ...
5. Feature writing on the web. Is this where all those newspaper reporters who lost their jobs will end up?