- Datameer and Zementis partner to execution PMML on Massive Parallel Scale - Jun 29, 2010.
the partnership will combine the Zementis ADAPA decision engine framework for real-time execution, with the power and scale of Datameer Analytics Solution (DAS) based on Hadoop.
- Aster Data delivers 30 analytic packages and MapReduce functions - Jun 28, 2010.
New capabilities include over 30 advanced analytic packages and more than 1,000 MapReduce-ready functions to enable rapid development of rich analytic applications on big data sets.
- Quantcast CEO to speak at KDD-2010 - Jun 27, 2010.
Konrad Feldman will Discuss Quantification of Advertising at KDD-2010, 16th ACM Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining Conference, Washington, DC, July 25-28
- KXEN Secures $8 Million in Series D Funding - Jun 27, 2010.
new funding to accelerate growth and international expansion. The round was led by NextStage and included participation from existing investors XAnge Capital, Sofinnova Ventures, Saints Capital and Motorola Ventures.
- IBM reaches agreement to acquire Coremetrics - Jun 27, 2010.
Coremetrics delivers web analytics to 2100+ global brands, including retail, financial services, media and publishing, travel and hospitality and education industries
- Low expectations for clinical data mining - Jun 25, 2010.
Payers and providers rarely use clinical data for real-time decision-making, in part because information is in so many disparate formats, some important data elements are missing and because they believe the costs generally outweigh the benefits.
- Data mining your digital footprints - Jun 25, 2010.
Sense Networks mines location and other data to create interesting applications, like CabSense.
- Twitter Buys an Analytics Company behind Trendly Service - Jun 24, 2010.
to help track users and their message updates as the site continues to grow.
- ACI Worldwide Announces Expanded Fraud Analytics Capabilities Powered by Opera Solutions - Jun 24, 2010.
Alliance Enables Broader Access to Analytics Resources for Fraud Prevention and Detection
- Elsevier Acquires Collexis, developer of Semantic Technology and Knowledge Discovery Software - Jun 24, 2010.
Collexis technology includes Expert Profiler, Reviewer Finder, Professional Social Networking, and Knowledge Engine
- U. Kentucky HealthCare and Webmedx Mine Medical Transcripts - Jun 23, 2010.
get structured data from transcribed reports to enhance core measure reporting.
- Pervasive Software Enriches Pervasive DataRush with Scalable Analytics - Jun 22, 2010.
Highly parallel platform leverages multicore systems to solve big data problems in data preparation and analytics
- Footbalistic, statistics and analytics for Football/Soccer - Jun 22, 2010.
a startup aiming to build the definitive source of statistics and media for football (soccer) fans, raised $500K funding.
- How iTunes Genius Really Works - Jun 22, 2010.
An Apple engineer tells how the recommendation engine parses millions of iTunes libraries.
- Attensity Group Appoints Manya Mayes as Director of Advanced Analytics - Jun 20, 2010.
15-year veteran of SAS brings advanced analytics expertise to global semantic applications leader
- Facebook Rolls Out Insights Analytics Tools - Jun 20, 2010.
Insights dashboard provides deeper analytics on user demographics, "Likes," shares and reshares
- Ingres Vectorwise Speeds up Business Analytics - Jun 8, 2010.
10x-70x performance gains from vector-based processing and on-chip memory, are obtained by a revolutionary DB engine developed by Ingres Vectorwise
- Predixion, With Roots At Microsoft, Raises Funds - Jun 7, 2010.
Predixion Software, a stealth software start-up with Microsoft roots, raised $800,000 as part of a larger funding round
- Monkey Analytics among TechStars Startups - Jun 7, 2010.
Monkey Analytics powers mathematics and data analysis in the cloud by providing on-demand computing resources, analysis tools, and a socially driven marketplace for analysts, algorithms, and data.
- Sam's Club Personalized Analytics - Jun 3, 2010.
Personalized eValues coupons have 20-30 percent response rate, compared to 1-2 percent for regular coupons.
- Data mining is big business for Kroger - Jun 2, 2010.
Kroger uses data mining for insights into customer motivations and the understanding behind what consumers do and buy.
- Kaggle: Statisticians outperform Eurovision betting markets - Jun 2, 2010.
in Kaggle Eurovosion contest, statisticians outperformed the prediction markets, selecting seven of the countries that finished in the top ten, compared with five for the prediction markets.
- IBM Picks Hadoop To Analyze Large Data Volumes - Jun 1, 2010.
IBM unveiled a package of services and analytics called BigInsights based on Apache's open source Hadoop.
- 10 Hottest Careers in America - Jun 1, 2010.
Data mining is rated as third hottest career by UCSD study