Features (4) |
Webcasts (1) |
Software (1) |
Jobs (5) |
Meetings (1) |
Publications (7) |
NewsBriefs (8) |
CFP (6) |
- New Poll: Data Mining/Analytic Tools Used - May 4, 2010.
Which data mining/analytic tools you used in the past 12 months for a real project (not just evaluation)?
- Poll Results: Climate Change Causes Questioned
- May 4, 2010.
KDnuggets Poll reveals surprising doubts on the causes of climate change
- Most viewed items for week Apr 25 - May 1 - May 2, 2010.
Top News: Facebook: One graph to rule them all; The Paradox of Overfitting
Top Jobs: Director of Analytics and BI, Playfish at EA; Scientist, Ad Selection at Turn
- Text Analytics Summit, May 25-26, Boston - Get KDnuggets Discount - May 3, 2010.
Attend Text Analytics Conference - learn latest on Voice of the Customer, Sentiment Analysis, Social Media Analysis, Customer Experience Management & More...
- Email Marketing Manager/Director at CoreLogic, San Francisco, CA - May 4, 2010.
help expand our company to the next level by further monetizing our extensive email lists generated through our lead generation methods
- Director of Data Analytics at SpeedDate.com, San Francisco Bay Area, CA - May 4, 2010.
We're looking for someone who is excited about digging into our data to come up with ways to enhance user experience and directly impact our business goals.
- Credit Policy Risk Analyst at HSBC, Mettawa, IL - May 2, 2010.
Provide analytical and/or MIS support for credit policy, risk and/or marketing related functions
- Predictive Modeler at Allstate Insurance Company, Menlo Park, CA and Northbrook, IL - Apr 30, 2010.
We offer the perfect combination of basic research projects and real business problems, as well as the time, tools and environment to effectively tackle both.
- Technical Director at KXEN, San Francisco, CA - Apr 28, 2010.
responsible for technical pre-sales support, training, and consulting activities in the western region of the US.
- Stanford course on Statistical Aspects of Data Mining - May 4, 2010.
Video of a Stanford course taught by Dr. Rajan Patel
- KDD 2010 accepted papers - May 3, 2010.
Reseach and Industry accepted papers were announced
- Datasets and Data-driven Startups - May 3, 2010.
What follows is our list of data sets that you might have a chance at building a business around
- Altimeter Report: Social Marketing Analytics - May 1, 2010.
Many companies are stumbling blindly into social media marketing, largely without measurement in place. This report evaluates numerous vendors with respect to business objectives and KPIs.
- Revolutionary R, An Interview with REvolution Computing CEO Norman Nie - Apr 30, 2010.
Norman Nie is a co-founder and past CEO of SPSS. He recently became CEO of REvolution Computing, the commercial open source vendor of the R Project
- Data mining with WEKA, Part 1: Introduction and regression - Apr 30, 2010.
an intro to data mining and to WEKA, free and open source software you can use to mine your own data
- Goodnight: SAS data analytics offers much more than BI from IBM, SAP - Apr 29, 2010.
Dr. Goodnight explains his decision to enter the social media analytics field, how SAS determines which data warehouse vendors to partner with on in-database analytics, and why industry-specific analytic products are the right approach
- The ZULU Active Learning Competition - May 3, 2010.
participants are to build algorithms that can learn deterministic finite automata (DFA) by making the smallest number of membership queries to the server/oracle.
- New Kaggle Competition - HIV Progression Prediction - Apr 28, 2010.
Models can be trained using the records of 1,000 patients, with the goal of predicting improvement in a patient's viral load.
- On Facebook, sex sells - May 3, 2010.
Articles in my dataset that include sexual references in their titles, are shared on Facebook far more than the average story.
- IA Ventures: Venture Capital for Big Data - May 3, 2010.
IA Ventures was founded on the belief that managing and extracting value from massive, occasionally unstructured, often real-time data sets is a competitive advantage.
- Attensity buys Biz360 social media monitoring company - Apr 30, 2010.
Attensity hopes this move will give it an edge in the social CRM (consumer relationship management) and analytics game.
- Jerome Friedman elected to US National Academy of Sciences - Apr 30, 2010.
Prof. Jerome Friedman is a leading researcher in statistics and data mining
- One Billion Euros to Unleash the Power of Information - Apr 30, 2010.
The project aims to assemble expertise across the whole spectrum of science -- from physics, computer science, environmental science and economics through psychology, ecology and sociology -- to develop supercomputing facilities and large-scale laboratories for a new kind of data-rich social science on which intelligent future policies can be based
- Gartner report: BI Grows Despite Economic Woes - Apr 29, 2010.
Business intelligence, analytics and performance management prove less cyclical than other software areas, recording healthy growth in 2009
CFP - Calls for Papers (see also All CFP)
Most scientists agree the main cause of the current global warming trend is human expansion of the "greenhouse effect" -- warming that results when the atmosphere traps heat radiating from Earth toward space. NASA, http://climate.nasa.gov/causes/