Gregory PS, Editor: The research interest in Big Data, Big Analytics, Big Data Mining is very high, and this journal gives another venue for sharing high-quality research. I am on the Editorial Board.
Big Data, a ground-breaking, open access, peer-reviewed journal, will provide a valuable focus to the emerging field of big data, bringing together world-class data science research and experience from a broad array of disciplines. Spearheaded by Editor-in-Chief, Edd Dumbill, Principal Analyst & Program Chair at O'Reilly Media, the Journal will launch its inaugural issue in 2013 and is now receiving manuscripts. Connecting industry, academia, and government, the goal of Big Data is to better serve a world where the pace from big data research to implementation is ever accelerating. We now welcome your submissions.
Big Data coverage includes:
- Data processing at scale
- Data protection, privacy and policy
- New technologies, algorithms and strategies
- Communicating analytic insights: visualization, interface and design
- Practical artificial intelligence
- Big data in practice, from research to product
- Field reports of big data in specific domains, e.g. health, robotics, agriculture
Led by a highly-respected team of data experts, Big Data will present quality data science research made widely available to a global audience. To ensure the broadest and most timely dissemination of research, all peer-reviewed content will be published open access and will be available to all readers.
Benefits of publishing in Big Data include:
- Fast and user-friendly electronic submission
- Rapid peer review: average of 6 weeks from submission to first decision
- Rapid publication: less than 90 days from acceptance to online publication
- Maximum exposure: all peer-reviewed content will be published open access
- A diversity of article types: in addition to original research articles and reviews, the journal will also consider white papers, editorials, brief reports, interviews, perspectives, commentaries, and more