Features (8) |
Software (3) |
Courses, Events (6) |
Webcasts (2) |
Meetings (1) |
Jobs (4) |
Academic (4) |
Competitions (2) |
Publications (8) |
NewsBriefs (4) |
CFP (4) |
- New Poll: What data types you analyzed/mined in the past 12 months? - Aug 14, 2012.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: what data types you analyzed/mined ? Please vote and see how things changed in 2012
- Big Data Cartoon: what do to with 100,000 Warehouses? - Aug 14, 2012.
New cartoon from Ted Goff looks at the difficulties of Big Data
- Online Master of Science in Predictive Analytics at Northwestern - Aug 2, 2012.
Northwestern University's Master of Science in Predictive Analytics program can be the path to a promising new leadership career for professionals in virtually any industry. Apply by Oct 15
- PAW Boston: meet the Top Predictive Analytics Influencers - Aug 14, 2012.
Meet the top predictive analytics influencers who will gather at Predictive Analytics World Boston, Sep 30 - Oct 4, 2012. Special KDnuggets discount!
- Social Media and Big Data Innovation in Boston, September 2012 - Aug 3, 2012.
Check Big Data and Social Media and Web Analytics - two great summits in Boston, Sep 13-14, from our partners at IEG.
- IBM White Paper: How to get more Value from your Survey Data - Aug 13, 2012.
Read this white paper to learn four advanced analysis techniques that make survey research more effective. Download now.
- Top news for Aug 5-11: Top languages for analytics/data mining; Titan Big Graph database system - Aug 12, 2012.
Poll results: Top languages for analytics/data mining; Math for Predicting the Olympics Medal Count; Titan, a new open-source Big Graph database system
Top jobs: Data Mining Engineer at Intel; Predictive Modeler at GuideOne
- Top news, Jul 29 - Aug 4: Predicting the London Olympics Medals Top languages for analytics/Data Mining - Aug 6, 2012.
Predicting the London Olympics Medal Count and the Math behind It; Poll results: Top languages for analytics/data mining programming;
Top jobs: Director of Analytics at Stylitics, NYC; Senior Applied Researcher at Bing, Microsoft
- Lavastorm: Analytics just got easier - Aug 14, 2012.
Make your job easier and download your free copy of Lavastorm Desktop Public, a self-service analytic tool for any analyst.
- Interesting Open-Source Projects in Machine Learning, Data Mining, Data Science - Aug 13, 2012.
Including Apache Mahout machine learning library, mloss: machine learning open-source software catalog, Natural Language Toolkit for Python (NLTK), GraphLab, and more.
- Sceo: a web app conversion of Weka - Aug 9, 2012.
Sceo is a conversion of the Weka Data Mining application and libraries, providing all the functionality of the desktop version in the form of a Web Application.
- Tools for Discovering Patterns in Data: Extracting Value from Tables, Text, and Links - Aug 8, 2012.
This course describes powerful analytic methods for classification and estimation drawn from Statistics and Data Mining. Dr. Elder will explain leading algorithms, compare their merits, and demonstrate their effectiveness on practical applications.
- TMA Courses in Predictive Analytics [Sep: Wash. DC; Dec: Vegas] - Aug 7, 2012.
Get up to speed in data mining faster and more effectively than with any other training program available.
- UCI Online Predictive Analytics Certificate Program - Aug 11, 2012.
Courses begin in October, led by industry experts: Introduction to Predictive Analytics, taught by Gary Miner, and Defining Business Goals for Predictive, by James Taylor.
- NJIT offers Online Graduate Certificate in Data Mining - Aug 12, 2012.
NJIT classes teach the mathematical methods in understanding data mining. Emphasis is on large-scale databases as a source of knowledge generation and competitive advantage within many areas of business.
- School On Data Mining, Maastricht, Oct 22-24 - Aug 8, 2012.
This school is intended for four groups of data-mining beginners: students, scientists, engineers, and experts in specific fields who need to apply data-mining techniques to their scientific research, business management, or other related applications.
- Learn SAS for free - Aug 4, 2012.
Some of the best and free resources for learning SAS
- Sr. Research Analyst - Predictive Modeling at Central Michigan U., Mount Pleasant, MI, USA - Aug 14, 2012.
Design and use complex modeling strategies to identify the drivers of solutions and predict business outcomes, across industries and business functions
- Predictive Modeler at GuideOne, West Des Moines, IA - Aug 9, 2012.
Planning and delivering predictive models and statistical analysis to address a variety of business applications to support GuideOne's strategic vision.
- Director of Campaign Management at Cablevision, Bethpage, NY - Aug 7, 2012.
Responsible for designing data driven multi-channel marketing campaigns and managing them thru the complete campaign lifecycle (plan, test, execute, measure and refine).
- Data Mining Engineer at Intel, Washington, USA - Aug 6, 2012.
Join Intel Cloud Service Platform team, building next generation cloud data analysis services as part of Intel Compute Continuum initiative.
- WCAI Research Director at U. of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Business, Philadelphia, PA - Aug 8, 2012.
Manage WCAI Research Programs, be familiar with the types of business problems that can be solved using customer analytics and comfortable with explaining the goals of an analytics project to corporate partners and researchers
- Postdoctoral Fellow at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA - Aug 9, 2012.
We have clinical "Big Data" and our mission is to find medically relevant patterns in it. Qualified candidates for the Fellow position have earned a PhD in biomedical informatics, computer science, artificial intelligence, computational linguistics or closely related field.
- Staff Scientist/Research Associate - Biomedical Informatics at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA - Aug 8, 2012.
We have clinical "Big Data" and our mission is to find medically relevant patterns in it. Scientist/RA will lead the NIH funded clinical trial eligibility screening, pediatric eMERGE initiatives, patient safety, and health care quality improvement research efforts.
- Experienced Researcher in Data Mining / Text Mining at U. of Nova Gorica, Slovenia - Aug 2, 2012.
Development of systems and algorithms for knowledge discovery from texts and data, text mining and link analysis with emphasis on environmental science, and related areas.
- Why Data Science is so strong and growing in India - Aug 13, 2012.
Educational values and approaches in India might make Data Science skill sets there more abundant than in the US and help India move beyond the low-cost tech center to a talent center.
- Data Matching - Concepts and Techniques - Aug 11, 2012.
This book details the data matching process step by step, includes an overview of freely available data matching systems and a detailed discussion of practical aspects and limitations.
- Titan, a new open-source Big Graph database system - Aug 8, 2012.
Titan is a highly scalable OLTP graph database system optimized for thousands of users concurrently accessing and updating one huge graph.
- Practical Time Series Forecasting: A Hands-On Guide - Aug 2, 2012.
Galit Shmueli new book: Practical Time Series Forecasting: A Hands-On Guide is a non-standard forecasting book that has a distinct data mining flavor. It also has a low price and on Kindle.
- Big data is our generation civil rights issue, and we don't know it - Aug 3, 2012.
Big data is great at predicting things about people, and that makes it a civil rights issue. What the data is must be linked to how it can be used.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 6-12: Using machine learning to find bullying; Columbia new Institute for Data Science - Aug 13, 2012.
BigData for good: Using machine learning to find tweets related to bullying; Columbia U. creating a new Institute for Data Science; Titan, a new Big Graph database system; Prediction vs Actual for 100m in London Olympics.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 2-5: Little Book of R For Time Series (free); Data Mining the Web Via Crawling - Aug 6, 2012.
Little Book of R For Time Series - free at Github (via Ajay Ohri); Great tips for creating a web crawler for data mining; Best and free resources for learning SAS; Yelp hit with a class action lawsuit for bad data mining algo., false ads
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 30 - Aug 1: New Poll: R, Python, SQL are top analytics languages; Twitter political index: Obama leads - Aug 2, 2012.
New Poll: R, Python, SQL are top programming languages for analytics, DataMining; Twindex: Twitter political index launched: Obama leads. Bitly data scientist on Measuring Attention, 4th paradigm; KNIME rated #1 in satisfaction for open source analytics
- Interviewing Data Scientists: 5 core skills - Aug 13, 2012.
Bill Franks, Chief Analytics Officer of Teradata, talks about data artists vs data scientists and 5 core skills he looks for in an interview
- Precog Unveils Labcoat, a New Interactive Tool for Understanding Data - Aug 7, 2012.
Labcoat empowers data analysts, data scientists, and developers to integrate, analyze, and visualize large amounts of data.
- Fractal Analytics personalized Customer DNA marketing - Aug 6, 2012.
Fractal Analytics demonstrates the power of art and science for personalized Customer DNA marketing at Shopper Insights in Action
- New Tools For Search Engine Hacking and Data Mining - Aug 3, 2012.
Free Diggity data mining tools can identify and extract sensitive information from many popular cloud-based services and search engines like Google and Bing.
CFP - Calls for Papers
Why do the start-ups want to "disrupt" everything? Why not improve it?