- New KDnuggets News Design and Features
- Most popular news, jobs, software, ... from KDnuggets News 09:n21 (Nov 4 issue).New Poll: Data Mining Books
Analytics / Data Mining Blog Highlights
New book on Multidimensional Visualization
- Text Analytics New & Noteworthy, Fall 2009. Covering text analytics software, market, conference, and other news and developments to help KDnuggets readers better understand advances in Knowledge Discovery in Text
- Predictive Analytics World, Feb 16-17, San FranciscoPredictive Analytics World (pawcon.com) is the business-focused event for predictive analytics professionals, managers and commercial practitioners
Courses (see also All Courses)
- Data Mining: Levels I, II & III (Dec, Las Vegas; Feb, Orlando), Learn how experts mine data in Las Vegas or Orlando. The next offerings of The Modeling Agency's vendor-neutral, application-oriented data mining course series are Dec 7-11 in Las Vegas, and Feb 8-12 in Orlando
- SAS Course: Put your Data to Work with Advanced Analytics
Webcasts (see also All Webcasts)
Software (see also All Software)
Jobs (see also All Jobs)
- Applied Scientist
at Evri, Seattle, WA.Our team is bringing the world a fundamentally new and more effective way of finding and navigating information by leveraging the power of our highly accurate deep natural language processing based text analysis and search platform.
- Predictive Modeler/Data Mining Analyst
at Humana, Louisville, KY.perform data analysis, develop algorithms, models and computational design to implement, document and present technical information to a broad audience
- Research Director, Data Mining
at AT&T Interactive Applied Research, San Francisco, CA.Develop and deliver the next generation of AT&T technologies; define the research roadmap; launch and execute impactful research projects; oversee the development of research prototypes; ...
- Sr. Research Scientist, Search
at AT&T Interactive Applied Research, San Francisco, CA.Help us define the future of mobile communication technologies; Our work areas include core IR models, question-answering, user-modeling, mobile presentation and interaction models, NLP, geographic models and social search.
- Sr. Research Scientist, Web IE and Web DM
at AT&T Interactive Applied Research, San Francisco, CA.Execute research projects, develop innovative algorithms; pursue patents where appropriate. Analyze data, identify problems and potential customers, devise solutions and build prototypes.
- Research Scientist
at Thomson Reuters, New York, NY.Conduct applied research in data mining, information retrieval, text mining, or related areas in the context of large online delivery environments...
- Quantitative Researcher/Data Miner
at iProspect, Chicago, IL.responsible for researching, analyzing, and reporting on data generated through iProspect's SEO and SEM services offerings, and client provided data
- Posdoctoral Researcher, Bayesian Networks at LSU AgCenter, Baton Rouge, LA.
- SIGEVOlution Volume 4 Issue 1, Nov 11, 2009.
CFP - Calls for Papers (see also All CFP)
- Call-for-Proposal: INFORMS Data Mining Contest 2010.
- Workshop on Link Analysis for Adversarial Data Mining: at SDM 2010, due Jan 2
- GECCO-2010: 2010 Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference, due Jan 13
- SDM 2010: Workshop on Text Mining at 2010 SIAM International Conference on Data Mining, due Jan 15
- MLDMSD2010: SDM 2010 Workshop on Machine learning and Data Mining for Sustainable Development, due Jan 15
- DATA MINING CUP 2010: prudsys User Days 2010, due Feb 1
- Computer J. DS: The Computer Journal Special Issue on Discovery Science, due Feb 28
- IBM Opens Advanced Analytics Center in Washington, D.C.
- Thoughts on the SF Bay Data Mining Camp.
- EU Proposal Could Cripple Common Web Ad Practices.
- Fraud Screening: The Hunt for Suspicious Data.
- IBM Launches Business Analytics Center of Competency in India.
- IBM Launches Health Analytics Center.
QuoteI'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.