- Thomson Reuters Acquires ProfSoft, Inc. - Jan 30, 2010.
Thomson Reuters has acquired ProfSoft, a healthcare technology company that provides health plans with analytic software and services to assess physician and hospital performance
- Pervasive Software Quarterly Results, as of Dec 31, 2009 - Jan 30, 2010.
Company Reports 36th Consecutive Profitable Quarter, Initial Pervasive DataRush License Revenue Recognized
- LivePerson Buys Web Analytics Firm NuConomy for $3 Million - Jan 27, 2010.
NuConomy’s compelling analytics offerings that aim to help publishers, advertisers and users better understand and engage with the social web.
- SAS revenue jumps 2.2% to record $2.31 billion - Jan 25, 2010.
Despite poor economic conditions, SAS maintained its unbroken chain of growth and profitability for 34 years since the company was founded.
- Google patents Map/Reduce - Jan 24, 2010.
The patent 7,650,331 entitled "System and method for efficient large-scale data processing" and covers the process of mapping work to multiple processors and then reducing the intermediate results from these processors to a final result.
- Data mining helps New York catch tax cheats - Jan 23, 2010.
The new approach makes New York a leader in the pursuit of tax cheats. Is a pizza franchise selling more pies than it is reporting? Check how many pizza boxes parent company sent to the local shop. A bar underreporting its sales? Check annual reports from liquor wholesalers.
- Patent: System and method for temporal data mining - Jan 22, 2010.
The system ... to identify, using a candidate identification and tracking module, one or more occurrences in the temporal data series of a candidate episode and increment a count for each identified occurrence.
- Fortune: SAS is Best Company to Work for in USA - Jan 21, 2010.
SAS, the leader in business analytics, is No.1 on FORTUNE magazine's annual 100 Best Companies to Work For list.
- Microgaming Network Ends Data Mining of Poker Hand History - Jan 21, 2010.
The Microgaming Network has decided to stop allowing access to the poker hand data that was available to players on the popular poker site.
- Flurry Raises $7 Million Series B to Accelerate Mobile Analytics Firm's Rapid Growth - Jan 18, 2010.
Since launching its service in January 2009, Flurry has quickly emerged as one of the world's largest mobile application analytics and monetization platforms.
- NeuroDimension OptiGen Library 2.0 Released - Jan 17, 2010.
The OptiGen Library is an object-oriented programming interface incorporating many powerful optimization techniques into one single package, including single- and multi-objective genetic algorithms, advanced attribute selection algorithms, and other optimization strategies.
- IDC: Future Bright for Business Analytics SaaS Market - Jan 17, 2010.
Over the next five years, the business analytics software-as-a service (SaaS) market will grow more than three times as fast as the total business analytics software market with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 22.4 percent through 2013
- Content Recommender Aggregate Knowledge Raises $9 Million Third Round - Jan 10, 2010.
Aggregate Knowledge, the leading provider of real-time personalization and audience-centric display optimization solutions, today announced it has closed a Series C financing round of $9 million
- Thomson Reuters Buys Analytics Firm Discovery Logic - Jan 6, 2010.
Thomson Reuters has acquired scientific analytics software provider Discovery Logic as the company looks to expand its content and services.
- Web Analytics Firm Quantcast Raises $27.5 Million - Jan 5, 2010.
Quantcast, a service that lets anyone check stats and audience information about websites, announced this morning that it has raised $27.5 million in fresh funding from Cisco Systems and others.
- A Data Explosion Remakes Retailing - Jan 5, 2010.
Most people think of the grand challenges in computing as big science projects, like simulating nuclear explosions or protein folding. But with the holiday shopping season just ended, consider another: retail marketing.
- The datamining journey so far .. - Jan 2, 2010.
from dataminingtools.net blog, a survey of major developments in the Data Mining industry over the years.