- Joke-generating computer goes global - Jul 31, 2010.
What do you get when you cross humour with science? A joke-generating computer programme, created by U. Aberdeen scientists to help children develop their language skills
- The Most Comprehensive Social Media Analytics Platform List - Jul 24, 2010.
including Abel Creative, ActValue, Alterian, Ape55, Ascent Labs, ASOMO, Asterisqs, Attensity, Attentio, BackType, Beevolve, Blogmeter, Brandchats, Brand Metric, Brandwatch, Buzzcapture, BuzzDetector ...
- Methods for High-Dimensional Data Integration - Jul 17, 2010.
Reward $15,000. The Seeker is interested in learning about the universe of cutting-edge methods that may be used to integrate two or more high-dimensional datasets. Many more details are provided once Solvers log into the website and open a Project Room for this Challenge.
- Data Mining in Streaming Data - Jul 9, 2010.
Using methods from Eamonn Keogh (such as SAX: Symbolic Aggregate approXimation) we take a lot of numeric data, reduce its dimension and then convert it into symbolic representation, for clustering and other analysis
- UMD develops Fastest Program to Find Patterns in Social Networks - Jul 1, 2010.
a key insight - it is possible to split the social network into a set of almost independent, relatively small sub-networks, each of which is stored on a computer in a cloud computing cluster in such a way that the probability that a query pattern will need to access two nodes is kept as small as possible.