- Most viewed items for week July 18-24 - Jul 26, 2010.
Poll Results: Octopus wins World Cup Prediction Competition; New Poll: Types of Data Analyzed/Mined in the past 12 months;
Top jobs: Principal Machine Learning Engineer at eBay, San Jose, CA; Computational Advertising Scientist at Akamai, Cambridge, MA;
- Additions to KDnuggets Directory since Jun 29 - Jul 20, 2010.
Additions to KDnuggets Directory in companies, datasets, education, meetings, software, solutions, websites sections
- New Poll: Types of Data Analyzed/Mined in the past 12 months - Jul 20, 2010.
please vote on www.kdnuggets.com or from this item
- Poll Results: Octopus wins World Cup Prediction Competition - Jul 20, 2010.
KDnuggets readers were better fans than predictors, since only 17% correctly predicted Spain as the eventual winner of the FIFA World Cup.
- Most viewed items for week July 11-17 - Jul 19, 2010.
Short course: Statistical Learning and Data Mining III; Are you attending KDD2010 in Washington DC, Jul 25-28? We are;
Top jobs: Predictive Modeler/Data Mining Scientist at Humana, Louisville, KY; Sr. Software Engineer, machine learning & distributed computing at an advertising startup, New York, NY;
- 2010 IEEE ICDM Research Contributions and Outstanding Service Awards - Jul 16, 2010.
The IEEE ICDM Research Contributions Award is for influential research contributions to the field of data mining. The IEEE ICDM Outstanding Service Award is for major service contributions to data mining and ICDM as the world's premier research conference in data mining. Nominations due Aug 15
- SIGKDD 2010 to Honor Outstanding Doctoral Dissertations - Jul 15, 2010.
The awards recognize outstanding research in the field of data mining and knowledge discovery. The 2010 winner is Dr. Mohammad Al Hasan with dissertation "Mining Interesting Subgraphs by Output Space Sampling" (advisor: Mohammed Zaki, RPI). Committee also selected a runner-up and additional finalists.
- Most viewed for July 4-10 - Jul 14, 2010.
Lessons of 800 Years of Bubbles; UCSD data mining contest;
Top jobs: Knowledge Analyst at Morgan Stanley, NY; Scientist at ID Analytics, San Diego;
- Most viewed items for week starting Jun 27, 2010 - Jul 6, 2010.
Who will win 2010 FIFA World Cup?; The Popularity of Data Analysis Software;
Top jobs: Data Mining Scientist at Apple, Austin, TX; Statistical Analyst at Netflix, Los Gatos, CA;