Every company, regardless of size, requires multiple tools to understand the performance of its website, happiness of its customers and gain key context from competitors. Here are 11 tools to help you gather that important data.
Inc.com, By Lou Dubois | Dec 31, 2010
When considering the different web analytics tools that your business requires, the plethora of available options can be overwhelming for businesses that may not understand how to use them. And that's where hiring someone to really dig into all of the reports can be vital.
According to Avinash Kaushik, author of Web Analytics 2.0 and Web Analytics: An Hour A Day, "the quest for a single tool/source to answer all your questions will ensure that your business will end up in a ditch, and additionally ensure that your career (from the Analyst to the web CMO) will be short-lived." So in short, it's of extreme importance to focus on multiplicity.
The tools include:
Clickstream Analysis Tools:
- Google Analytics (google.com/analytics) - Free
- Yahoo Web Analytics (web.analytics.yahoo.com) - Free
- Crazy Egg (crazyegg.com) - $9-$99/month
- Compete (compete.com) - Prices vary
- Google Website Optimizer (google.com/websiteoptimizer) - Free
- Optimizely (optimizely.com) - $19-$399/month
- Kissinsights from Kiss Metrics (kissinsights.com) - Free to $29/month
- 4Q by iPerceptions (4qsurvey.com) - Free
- ClickTale (clicktale.com) - Free to $990 (3 months free on paid plans)
- Facebook Insights - Free
- Twitalyzer (twitalyzer.com) - Free
See also 11 Types of Analytics for 2011, by Linda Bustos (Jan 10, 2011)