- Poll Results: Analytics Role and Experience - Jan 31, 2011.
20% of respondents were Analytics Managers, with 9.3 years avg experience, and 42% were Data Miner/ Analysts, with avg. experience of 8.3 years.
- Most viewed items for Jan 23-29 - Jan 30, 2011.
Defeating Machine Learning: The IJCNN Social Network Challenge results; Visualize your LinkedIn Map;
Top jobs: VP, Predictive Modelling and Analytics at First Data, Melville, NY; Director Of Corporate And Institutional Relations at Wharton School, Philadelphia, PA;
- Most viewed items for Jan 16-22 - Jan 23, 2011.
ISMIS Contest: Music Info Retrieval; Large Scale Hierarchical Text classification;
Top jobs: Data Analytics Architect at ETHOCA, Toronto; Data Scientist at Media6Degrees, New York
- Large Scale Hierarchical Text classification - Jan 18, 2011.
This year's challenge will increase the scale and the difficulty of the task, using data from Wikipedia, in addition to the ODP Web directory data (www.dmoz.org).
- Top words in KDnuggets for 2010 - Jan 17, 2011.
Top 10 words are data, analytics, mining, business, predictive, social, analysis, research, most, sas. We also analyze 2-word terms and generate word clouds
- ISMIS 2011 Contest: Music Information Retrieval - Jan 16, 2011.
Recognition of genre of music and instruments playing are the two topics of ISMIS-2011 contest. Successful solution of these problems may lead to development of better applications for indexing and searching through multimedia data.
- Most viewed items for Jan 9-15 - Jan 16, 2011.
You Might Already Know This; KDD-2011 - top analytics/data mining meeting in San Diego;
Top jobs: Research Scientists at RSA Labs, Cambridge MA; Principal Software Engineer at Yandex Labs, Palo Alto, CA;
- New Poll: Your Analytics/DM Role and Experience - Jan 16, 2011.
new KDnuggets Poll is asking: what is your analytics/data mining role and experience? Please vote on www.kdnuggets.com
- Poll Results: Analytics/DM Conferences attended in 2010 - Jan 15, 2011.
Researchers and practitioners split; KDD and ICDM remain the top research conferences, but SAS M2010 and PAW conferences grow in popularity.
- Trouble with Google - losing to spam? - Jan 15, 2011.
a flurry of recent articles complained about decline of Google search quality. Is Google a monoculture or a Sex-starved Gorilla?
- Most viewed items for Jan 2-8 - Jan 9, 2011.
Top Conferences in Data Mining; AI Defeats the Hivemind;
Top jobs: Predictive Modeling Analyst at RTI Int'l, Research Triangle Park, NC; IBM Goldstine Memorial Fellowship in Math Sciences, Yorktown Heights, NY;
- Unsupervised and Transfer Learning Challenge - Jan 6, 2011.
LEARN from unlabeled data Representations of Similarity Measures and then apply this to supervised learning tasks. You have 50 days to work on 5 unsupervised learning task from large real world databases.
- New Poll: Analytics/Data Mining Meetings you attended in 2010? - Jan 4, 2011.
Please vote on www.kdnuggets.com
- Additions to KDnuggets Directory in December - Jan 4, 2011.
Additions to KDnuggets in Blogs, Companies, Competitions, Datasets, Meetings, Publications, Software, and Websites sections
- Most viewed items for Dec 26 - Jan 1 - Jan 3, 2011.
Book: Mining of Massive Datasets (free download); New Book: Data Mining for Business Applications;
Top jobs: Sr. SW Engineer, Data Mining at Polyvore, Mountain View; Sr. Test Lead - Bing at Microsoft.