- Most viewed items for Dec 19-25 - Dec 27, 2010.
Book: Mining of Massive Datasets (free download); $3M Heritage Health Data Analysis Prize;
Top jobs: Software/Algorithms Engineer at Efficient Frontier, Sunnyvale, CA; Research Scientist in Large Scale Data Analytics at Ricoh Innovations, Menlo Park, CA;
- Top KDnuggets stories in 2010 - Dec 21, 2010.
P != NP Proved?; Comprehensive Social Media Analytics Platforms; Google Prediction API and more.
- New Poll: Analytics/Data Mining Meetings you attended in 2010? - Dec 20, 2010.
Please vote on www.kdnuggets.com or here
- Top KDnuggets Site Search Terms for 2010 - Dec 20, 2010.
The top KDnuggets site search terms for 2010 are: weka, liberty, data mining. The terms that grew the most in 2010 are wps, liberty, and blogs.
- Most viewed items for Dec 12-18 - Dec 19, 2010.
Book: Mining of Massive Datasets (free download); Machine Learning/Data Mining in R;
Top jobs: Senior Data Mining Engineer at eBay Inc., San Jose, CA; Editor-in-Chief, ACM Transactions On Knowledge Discovery From Data at ACM, anywhere;
- Most viewed items for Dec 5-11 - Dec 12, 2010.
ML/Data Mining in R; 5 Alternative Social Analytics Solutions
Top jobs: Data Mining Expert/Online Advertising at Resonate, VA; e-Business Analytics at Sigma-Aldrich, MO
- $3M Heritage Health Data Analysis Prize - Dec 9, 2010.
can health data be used to accurately predict which patients will be admitted to the hospital? This is the focus of $3M Heritage Health Prize, to spur development of new approaches in the analysis of health data and create new predictive algorithms.
- New Poll: How Powerful is Your Analytics Computer? - Dec 7, 2010.
New KDnuggets poll is asking about processors, memory, disk and OS configuration for your main analytics/data mining computer(s).
- Poll Results: Web "Do not track" not likely to have a major effect - Dec 7, 2010.
KDnuggets readers doubt that "Do not track" will have a major impact on web advertising
- Most viewed Nov 28-Dec 4 - Dec 5, 2010.
Tim Berners Lee: Soc. Networks threat to the Web; Book: Data Analysis with Open Source Tools;
Top jobs: Analytics Manager at Opera Solutions, London and Paris; Relevance scientist / Research programmer at Yandex Labs, Palo Alto;
- Most viewed news, jobs in November - Dec 3, 2010.
Google Cleans Up Messy Data with Refine; Forbes on The Data Analytics Boom;
Top jobs: Decision Scientist - Fraud Risk Analytics, Microsoft; Mathematical Modeling, Optimization at ExxonMobil Research
- Agency Proposes 'Do Not Track' Option for Web Users - Dec 1, 2010.
FTC "do not track" proposal will let consumer choose if they want information about their web browsing to be collected. Industry self-regulation has failed to provide adequate and meaningful protection for consumers, says FTC. Now FTC proposes "privacy by design," where companies are required to build privacy protections into their everyday business practices.
- KDnuggets 10:n28, More Jobs; Books on Analytics/DM; Social Networks Threaten the Web - Dec 1, 2010.
Latest news on data mining & analytics, including Features (4) | Webcasts (1) | Software (1) | Jobs (14) | Academic (1) | AudioVideo (1) | Publications (8) | NewsBriefs (4) | CFP (4)