- New in KDnuggets in November - Nov 30, 2010.
Additions to KDnuggets in Companies, Meetings, Publications, Software sections
- Most viewed items for Nov 21-27 - Nov 29, 2010.
Google Refine cleans up data; Online book: Intro to data mining;
Top jobs: Math Modeling and Optimization at ExxonMobil Research, Clinton, NJ; Relevance scientist / Research programmer at Yandex Labs, Palo Alto, CA;
- KDnuggets 10:n27, Do not track vs ad targeting? Cloud analytics - not yet; PredictiveDB; Google refine - Nov 23, 2010.
Latest news on data mining & analytics, including Features (5) | Software (8) | Jobs (4) | Academic (5) | Meetings (3) | AudioVideo (1) | Publications (8) | NewsBriefs (11) | CFP (11)
- New Poll: "Do not track" registry vs ad targeting - Nov 22, 2010.
US Congress is currently discussing "Do not track registry", which will allow people to opt-out of tracking. Do you think such registry, if enacted, will significantly reduce ad targeting and behavioral advertising?
- Cloud analytics in test mode - Nov 22, 2010.
cloud analytics is still in test mode, but its acceptance is rising - about as many people plan to use it in the next 6 months as have already used it.
- Most viewed items for Nov 14-20 - Nov 21, 2010.
PredictiveDB (currently in alpha); Google Refine;
Top jobs: Decision Scientist, Fraud Risk at Microsoft; Research Soft. Engr at UMD
- Analytics jobs exceed BI jobs - Nov 18, 2010.
According to mega-jobs site indeed.com, analytics jobs have grown faster in the last 5 years than BI jobs
- Most viewed items for Nov 7-13 - Nov 14, 2010.
Forbes on The Data Analytics Boom; R Extension for RapidMiner;
Top jobs: Research Fellowship in Social Network Mining at U. of Porto, Portugal; Senior Researcher at Bing Mobile, Microsoft, Bellevue, WA;
- KDnuggets 10:n26, Traffic contest solutions; RapidMiner & R - Nov 10, 2010.
Latest news on data mining & analytics, including Features (9) | Courses (1) | Software (3) | Jobs (12) | Academic (1) | Meetings (2) | AudioVideo (1) | Publications (7) | NewsBriefs (14) | CFP (8)
- IEEE ICDM Traffic Contest - Solutions, part 2 - Nov 9, 2010.
Solutions of winners for Task 2: Traffic Jams and Task 3: GPS in the IEEE ICDM Contest: TomTom Traffic Prediction for Intelligent GPS Navigation.
- Most viewed items for Oct 31 - Nov 6 - Nov 7, 2010.
KXEN introduces predictive analytics first semantic layer; Gartner Identifies the Top 10 Strategic Technologies for 2011;
Top jobs: Marketing Analysis Director at Chartis, New York, NY; Senior Researcher at Bing Mobile, Microsoft, Bellevue, WA;
- Most viewed news, jobs in October - Nov 4, 2010.
Gartner Identifies the Top 10 Strategic Technologies for 2011; Applying Euclidean Distance Clustering to Social Network Data;
Top jobs: Faculty in Info Systems / Data Mining at U. of Waterloo, Canada; Risk Management / Risk Analysis at Citi, NYC or Dallas.
- The Software That Stares at Goats? [Pentagon Data Mining] - Nov 3, 2010.
The new project is called ADAMS, for Anomaly Detection at Multiple Scales. Many of the problems with TIA are equally present with this ADAMS project - the idea is naive and misguided and it won't work.
- Additions to KDnuggets Directory in October - Nov 1, 2010.
Additions to KDnuggets Directory in Companies, Meetings, Software, Solutions, Websites sections
- Most viewed items for Oct 24-30 - Nov 1, 2010.
Gartner Identifies the Top 10 Strategic Technologies for 2011; New Poll: Cloud Analytics;
Top jobs: VP of Customer Vision at ISO Innovative Analytics, San Francisco, NJ, Boston, Chicago, or remotely from home.; Director of Analytics at Mozilla Corporation, Mountain View, CA;