- ANGOSS Releases Knowledge Seeker Version 7.5 - Nov 26, 2010.
Numerous usability enhancements in this release have been generated from the Angoss user community
- Twitter Official Analytics in Alpha - Nov 22, 2010.
Twitter Analytics (now in alpha) will let users see information like which tweets are most successful, which tweets caused people to unfollow, who the most influential users are that reply and retweet their messages.
- New Contest in TunedIT: Prediction of Biological Properties of Molecules. - Nov 17, 2010.
The task is to predict an important biological property of molecules from their chemical structures.
- Software for statistically significant positive dependencies - Nov 17, 2010.
Kingfisher program searches for the best non-redundant dependency rules, which express statistically significant positive dependencies in data.
- 11Ants Analytics Introduces Revolutionary Method of Building Ensembles - Nov 16, 2010.
The new feature allows users to quickly build and evaluate thousands of ensemble permutations. Ensembles are recognized to increase the predictive power of models, and are a valuable tool in any data mining expert's arsenal.
- Google Cleans Up Messy Data with Refine - Nov 15, 2010.
Google Refine is a power tool for working with messy data, cleaning it up, transforming it from one format into another, extending it with web services, and linking it to databases like Freebase.
- PredictiveDB is SQL-based predictive software (currently in alpha) - Nov 15, 2010.
PredictiveDB is online software which uses SQL to learn, classify or predict from data. Currently in alpha
- Predixion Software Introduces Interface to Access and Run R Models in the Cloud - Nov 12, 2010.
Predixion Insight(tm) - low-cost, self-service, cloud predictive analytics solution, offers plug-in for direct access to the R open-source statistical programming language
- Kaggle-in-Class launches with Stanford Stats 202 - Nov 11, 2010.
Kaggle-in-Class is a new initiative that allows instructors to host data prediction and machine learning competitions for students.
- R Extension for RapidMiner - Nov 8, 2010.
Two widely used analytics tools: RapidMiner and R - are now connected. RapidMiner offers a new R perspective consisting of the known R console together with the great plotting facilities of R.
- Mendeley's DataTEL Data Set - Nov 7, 2010.
Mendeley has taken up the DataTEL challenge in order to provide recommendation system researchers with valuable data on users and their relationship with scientific literature.