- Unhackable data in a box of bacteria - Jan 28, 2011.
Students in Hong Kong found a way to securely and reliably store information using bacteria
- BlueKai Buys Ad Data Analytics And Optimization Startup TrackSimple - Jan 26, 2011.
BlueKai, an online auction-based data exchange, bought TrackSimple, an analytics company that provides reporting, analysis and prediction services to media companies.
- Startup Uses Tweets to Predict Purchases - Jan 26, 2011.
Viralheat Human Intent simplifies lead generation by helping businesses pinpoint social media users on the cusp of making purchasing decisions.
- New Wharton initiative to focus on consumer analytics - Jan 25, 2011.
The Wharton School initiative will allow companies to accurately target customers based on past consumption patterns.
- SAS reports revenue up 5.2% - Jan 24, 2011.
SAS sold $2.43 billion worth of business software and services last year. Revenue rose 5.2% in 2010, compared to 2.2% increase in 2009.
- StatSoft Releases STATISTICA Version 10 Analytics Solutions - Jan 21, 2011.
new features leverage Intel multi-core processors for improved performance, data connectivity, graphics, data analysis, and predictive modeling
- SAS ranks No.1 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For - Jan 20, 2011.
Treat employees like they make a difference and they will - this is SAS CEO Jim Goodnight’s philosophy. This marks the 14th year SAS has been ranked on the FORTUNE "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in the US.
- Germany Threatens to Fine Companies That Use Google Analytics - Jan 17, 2011.
Concluding that Google hasn't adequately complied with their demands, German data protection officials are warning that web companies in the country could face a "steep fine" if they use Google Analytics.
- IBM Watson Analytics Techhology for Healthcate - Jan 17, 2011.
Can IBM Watson help physicians find evidence and scientific support for diagnosis and treatment decisions, or act as a physician's assistant during patient consults, crunching data from similar cases as the physician takes voice notes?
- 2010 a Banner Year for Clarabridge with 105% Growth From 2009 - Jan 16, 2011.
New Products, APIs and Enhancements Drive Completely Organic Sales Growth, 95% Retention Rate of Existing Customers and a Doubling of Enterprise Customer Acquisition Over 2009.
- Aster Data Leads Next-Generation Analytic Platform Market - Jan 15, 2011.
New report from the Information Difference places Aster Data in the lead technology spot among new generation of analytic platform solutions.
- Klout Gets $8.5M to Create the Page Rank of the Social Web - Jan 14, 2011.
Klout is a service for measuring social influence online
- Belgacom Standardizes on KXEN for Next-Generation Predictive Analytics - Jan 13, 2011.
Belgacom, a leading fixed and mobile telecom provider in Europe, standardized on KXEN to drive stronger customer relationships and increase revenue in its business and consumer markets.
- Gartner: BI to be consumed on mobiles in 2 years - Jan 13, 2011.
Business intelligence and analytics leaders need to embrace four trends, including the growing popularity of business applications on mobile devices, according to analysts at Gartner.
- Supreme Court Reviews Data Mining & Free Speech - Jan 13, 2011.
The US Supreme Court has agreed to review whether laws that ban data mining - specifically, the sale of prescription drug info that identifies prescribers and patients for commercial marketing purposes - are unconstitutional
- Startup Turns Artificial Intelligence into Serendipity Engine for Mobile - Jan 10, 2011.
Clever Sense is a start-up providing an AI-based, context-aware platform for location-based services.
- Revolution Analytics Releases Annual Results - Jan 7, 2011.
Highlight of company results for 2010 is a 450% increase in revenue from its flagship product, Revolution R Enterprise.
- Northwestern University Launches Online Master of Science in Predictive Analytics Program - Jan 7, 2011.
The MSPA program offers students a thorough grounding in data mining concepts and applications. It also focuses on developing the strategic, project-management and communication skills
- 5 Predictions for Online Data in 2011 - Jan 6, 2011.
In 2011, data science job openings will see a rise in numbers similar to the gaggle of community management and social media marketing gigs that materialized out of the ether nearly three years ago
- Data Mining Gains Traction in Education - Jan 5, 2011.
educational data mining is using the data collected through normal school activities to explore learning in more detail than ever before, and researchers say the day when educators can make use of Amazon-like feedback on student learning behaviors may be closer than most people think.
- Data mining: How coaches gauge success by glancing at a box score - Jan 3, 2011.
The coach looks at a few variables on the stat sheet after each contest. Those numbers routinely spell out whether his team's performance was aligned with his basketball philosophy.
- DiscoverText web-based Analytic Software - special offer for Educators - Jan 3, 2011.
Colleges and Universities can purchase a 1-year Educational Enterprise License for DiscoverText for only $999.
- SocialFlow Tries to Crack Science of Twitter - Jan 2, 2011.
The New York-based startup claims to have cracked the puzzle of real-time conversation, and boasts that it can take the guesswork out of what to say and when to say it on Twitter, Facebook and Google.