Latest KDnuggets News 11:n01, (Jan 05, 2011) Features:
- Poll: Analytics/Data Mining Meetings you attended in 2010?
- Additions to KDnuggets Directory in December
- Access PAW DC Session Videos Now
- The Truth Wears Off
- Top Conferences in Data Mining
- Most viewed items for Dec 26 - Jan 1
- Most viewed items for Dec 19-25
Scientists have misled themselves into thinking that if you collect enormous amounts of data you are bound to get the right answer. You are not bound to get the right answer unless you are enormously smart. You can narrow down your questions; but enormous data sets often consist of enormous numbers of small sets of data, none of which by themselves are enough to solve the thing you are interested in, and they fit together in some complicated way.