YAHOO! KEY SCIENTIFIC CHALLENGES PROGRAM
INVENT THE FUTURE OF THE INTERNET
What are the big problems Yahoo! is working on? What are the major challenges facing our industry today? What will the next generation of the Internet look like and how will we get there? Yahoo! Labs scientists are asked these questions every day. The questions and answers have created some big opportunities for PhD students around the globe.
We are thrilled to announce Yahoo!'s fourth annual Key Scientific Challenges Program.
This is your chance to get an inside look at-and help tackle-the big challenges that Yahoo! and the entire Internet industry are facing today. As part of the Key Scientific Challenges Program you'll gain access to Yahoo!'s world-class scientists, some of the richest and largest data repositories in the world, and have the potential to make a huge impact on the future of the Internet while driving your research forward.
THE CHALLENGE AREAS INCLUDE:
- Search Experiences
- Machine Learning
- Data Management
- Information Extraction
- Computational Advertising
- Computational Social Science
- Web-Based Behavioral Experiments
- Green Computing
- $5,000 unrestricted research seed funding which can be used for conference fees and travel, lab materials, professional society membership dues, etc.
- Access to select Yahoo! datasets through Webscope™
- The unique opportunity to collaborate with our industry-leading scientists
- An invitation to this summer's exclusive Key Scientific Challenges Graduate Student Summit where you'll join the top minds in academia and industry to present your work, discuss research trends and jointly develop revolutionary approaches to fundamental problems
The application window opens on January 20th and closes on March 9th 2012. Winners will be announced by mid April 2012. To learn more about the program and how to apply, visit labs.yahoo.com/ksc. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.