- Kaggle to host KDD Cup 2012, focus on Weibo, China's twitter - Feb 26, 2012.
Competition will use data from Tencent Weibo micro-blogging service and wil focus on predicting who users will follow and the click-through rates of ads given query and user info.
- Yahoo! Key Scientific Challenges Program - Feb 25, 2012.
This program gives PhD students access to Yahoo! world-class scientists, big and complex data, and the potential to make a huge impact on the future of the Internet. Applications due Mar 9.
- Contest: Airport guest sentiment analysis - Feb 17, 2012.
create a summarization of the opinions, feelings and sentiments expressed in the comments left behind by guests on the website. Submissions due: Feb 26
- MyHeartMap Challenge - Feb 15, 2012.
UPenn launched a social, mobile, crowdsourcing contest to locate life-saving defibrillators in Philadelphia, which are often hard to find and access. Monetary prize options. Contest ends Mar 13.
- DEFT 2012: French text mining challenge and workshop - Feb 5, 2012.
Le defi DEFT est un atelier d'evaluation francophone en fouille de textes. DEFT is a French text mining challenge workshop.
- PAN 2012 Competitions: Uncovering Plagiarism, Authorship, and Wikipedia flaws - Feb 1, 2012.
3 new competitions: Plagiarism Detection based on the ClueWeb09; Author ID: identifying sexual predators in chat logs; Quality Flaw Prediction in Wikipedia: which articles?