Academic, Research Positions in Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning
To add here a short entry for an academic or research position related to AI, Big Data, Data Science, or Machine Learning, email 5 items:
- Position Title,
- a short description (250 chars or less)
- Three fully funded 4-year PhD positions on various Exceptional Model Mining projects at Technische Universiteit Eindhoven, Eindhoven, the Netherlands. - Aug 28, 2019. All three positions involve fundamental scientific research into Exceptional Model Mining, with direct impact in the real world through our project partners (Dutch National Police, Philips Research plus the ZGT hospital, and Rabobank, respectively).
- Technical Associate for the Learning Ecosystems Accelerator for Patient-centered, Sustainable Innovation (LEAPS) Project at Center for Biomedical Innovation, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA. - Aug 28, 2019. We are piloting a model system for Rheumatoid Arthritis in Massachusetts to create better patient outcomes. The Technical Associate will provide analyze the Massachusetts All-Payers Claims Database to summarize patient distribution and treatment.
- Teaching Professor/Professor of the Practice in Statistics/Analytics at Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC. - Aug 23, 2019. Starting in Summer 2020, teach graduate courses in areas such as SAS/R/Python, Forecasting, and/or Data Mining & Machine Learning. Candidates should have MS or PhD in Statistics or a related field, plus 5+ years experience in university-level teaching or in relevant work.
- Professor of Machine Learning / Data Science at University of Klagenfurt, Klagenfurt, Austria. - Aug 20, 2019. We are looking for a highly qualified and internationally recognized scientist who is capable of representing the subject in teaching and research, with high engagement in developing and sustaining an ambitious and innovative research program.
- Adjunct Instructor - Data Science at Maryville University, St. Louis, MO and Remote. - Aug 19, 2019. Maryville actively seeks adjunct faculty members who are experts in their fields and have a passion for teaching. Adjunct faculty are an integral part of the University's learning community and teach courses online and/or on main campus. The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a welcoming environment for a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff.
- Tenure-Tenure Faculty in the Department of Business Analytics at U. of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA. - Aug 15, 2019. Tenure-track faculty position with starting Fall 2020. We are particularly interested in innovative scholars at the Assistant or beginning Associate level. We welcome applicants with a PhD degree in Applied Math, Business Analytics, CS, Industrial Engineering, Informatics /IS, Logistics, Management Science, Operations Management/Supply Chain, Statistics or a related field
- Faculty Positions at U. of Miami, Miami, FL, USA. - Aug 15, 2019. The positions require research and teaching expertise in AI/Data Science, or related areas including Data Extraction, Data Visualization, Machine Learning, and Intelligent Actuators.
- PhD student position in computational science with focus on chemistry at Umea University, Sweden. - Aug 14, 2019. Umea University, Sweden is seeking a PhD-student in computational science with focus on chemistry. The position is for 4 years of research including courses on graduate level.
- Postdoctoral position (2 years) in multivariate analysis and deep learning at Umea University, Sweden. - Aug 14, 2019. Help develop new e-science methods that fundamentally integrates Deep Learning and Multivariate analysis. The postdoc position is full-time for a period of two years.
- Research Fellow - Computer Vision at Monash University, Melbourne, Australia. - Aug 9, 2019. The position requires a passion for research, a proven research track record in computer vision, an ability to work independently as well as lead a team, and a willingness to work on inter-disciplinary research projects and seek external funding. The successful candidate will align with the group goal on building a world-class computer vision team.
- Post-doctoral fellow in Data Science and Population Informatics at Texas A&M University, College Station, TX. - Aug 6, 2019. Postdoc position for data science in behavior, health, population informatics and information privacy. Research is focused on data integration (privacy and record linkage), sequential pattern mining, cancer care, and telemedicine.
- Lecturer / Senior Lecturer - Cybersecurity at Monash University, Melbourne, Australia. - Jul 29, 2019. Seeking a Lecturer / Sr Lecturer in Cybersecurity. The Monash cybersecurity research team mainly focuses on 3 key streams of areas; namely: cryptography, blockchain, and interdisciplinary cybersecurity applications.
- Lecturer / Senior Lecturer - Cryptography at Monash University, Melbourne, Australia. - Jul 29, 2019. Seeking a Lecturer / Sr Lecturer in Cryptography. The Monash cryptography research team mainly focuses on the following areas: Post-quantum cryptography; Cloud and database security; Zero-knowledge; Privacy-enhanced technologies.
- Lecturer / Senior Lecturer - Blockchain at Monash University, Melbourne, Australia. - Jul 29, 2019. Seeking a Lecturer / Sr Lecturer for the Monash Blockchain Technology Centre (Monash BTC): a visionary enterprise that will bring together world-leading expertise from across Monash to explore, develop and innovate the technology of blockchain, in collaboration with various industry and societal sectors.
- Lecturer/Senior Lecturer - Data Science at University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand. - Jul 23, 2019. The School of Computer Science at the University of Auckland is currently looking for an early career academic to join our diverse and internationally renowned school as Lecturer /Senior Lecturer in Data Science.
- Lecturers / Senior Lecturers - Digital Health, Image Analytics at Monash University, Melbourne, Australia. - Jul 19, 2019. Monash is seeking 2 x Lecturer / Senior Lecturer within the space of Digital Health - Image Analytics. Digital Health is a fascinating cross-university, cross-faculty, multidisciplinary space with enormous practical real-world and societal benefits that draws from and contributes to a multiplicity of research areas.
- Research Fellow at PhD position in Artificial Intelligence for Bio-informatics, Antwerp, Belgium. - Jul 12, 2019. At the University of Antwerp, we have an open PhD position in the area of artificial intelligence for bio-informatics at the department of Computer Sciences. In this project, you will study AI approaches to unravel universal patterns that drive interactions between biomolecules, essential to understand living systems and diseases.
- Data Scientist, Institutional Research at Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, NC, USA. - Jul 10, 2019. The Data Scientist will play a key role in the discovery of knowledge and insights through quantitative and qualitative research for the success of Wake Forest University (WFU).
- Research Fellow at National University of Singapore, Singapore. - Jul 10, 2019. The Data Analytics Consulting Centre is recruiting data scientists, who can coordinate and supervise the centre's various consulting projects. We work with partners from industry and public agencies to solve real-world problems through statistics, data science and machine learning. We seek applicants who have a scientific background but who can also lead a team of students and work hands-on to create practical solutions for our clients. The consultants will be hired as research fellows and should have a PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- PhD position in Explainable AI at University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium. - Jul 5, 2019. A major open research issue is explaining why an AI model made a certain prediction: why was this company flagged as likely fraudulent, why was the car in this image predicted to be total loss, why was I shown this ad? In this research we develop and apply new techniques that explain complex prediction models.
- PhD position in Fraud Detection at University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium. - Jul 5, 2019. The current fight against fraud is of fundamental importance, given the impact of fraud on economy and society. In this research area, we will develop new techniques, tailored to behavioral data, and the validation thereof in various tax fraud areas, based on previous studies done with the Belgian tax authorities.
- Natural Language Processing & Computational Linguistics Postdoc Research Fellowship at Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH. - Jun 28, 2019. Utilize computer programming skills as well as basic statistical and predictive modeling to train and perform natural language processing (NLP) tasks on clinical notes.
- Research Fellow or Senior Research Fellow in Information Technology at Monash University, Suzhou, China. - Jun 26, 2019. We are seeking an individual passionate about undertaking research in an area of Information Technology (IT), being one of Software Engineering and Cybersecurity, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, or Human-Centred Computing, as well as multidisciplinary research through the application of IT to problems in one or more of the five research themes above.
- Research Fellow or Senior Research Fellow in Artificial Intelligence at Monash University, Suzhou, China. - Jun 26, 2019. We are seeking an individual passionate about undertaking research in an area of Artificial Intelligence (AI), as well as multidisciplinary research through the application of AI to problems in one or more of the five research themes above. You will be responsible for conducting research in areas of AI. Key research interests are expected to include one of, but are not limited to, Machine Learning, Bayesian Networks, Optimisation, Artificial Life, Dialogue, Human-centred AI, and applications of AI.
- Assistant Professor of Marketing (Quantitative) at Yale University, New Haven, CT. - Jun 21, 2019. The Yale School of Management seeks applicants in the field of quantitative marketing for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor. Applicants must have a Ph.D. or equivalent degree (or will earn the degree within one semester from the start of the appointment) in Quantitative Marketing or a related field such as Economics, Computer Science or Statistics. We are seeking applications from graduating students, post-docs and others who show exceptional promise.
- Instructor, Data Analysis (non-tenure track) at Ohio University, Athens, OH. - Jun 20, 2019. The Ohio University Online Data Analysis Program in the College of Arts and Sciences in Athens, Ohio, invites applications for a part-time instructor for the Graduate Certificate in Data Analysis.
- PhD position in Recommender Systems and Interpretable Machine Learning at University of Lausanne, Department of Information Systems, Lausanne, Switzerland. - Jun 18, 2019. Requirements include a Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering, solid experience in software development, prototyping abilities for the web, and good analytical and communication skills. Existing publications in established conferences/journals are a plus. Fluency in English. Knowledge of French is a plus. Deadline is July 30 2019 or until filled.
- Research Fellow Opportunities in Dialogue Research at Monash, Melbourne, Australia. - Jun 18, 2019. Multiple Research Fellow Openings in LDR are available at a Level A and Level B Research Fellow (equivalent to Assistant Professor in North America), with a preference for expertise in the area of natural language processing (semantic parsing, generation), dialogue, planning, plan recognition, and automated reasoning.
- Academic Opportunities in Dialogue Research at Monash, Melbourne, Australia. - Jun 18, 2019. Multiple Faculty Openings in LDR are available at a Level B Lecturer (equivalent to Assistant Professor in North America), Level C Senior Lecturer (equivalent to Associate Professor in North America), and Level D Associate Professor (equivalent to Professor in North America) with a preference for expertise in the area of natural language processing (semantic parsing, generation).
- Post-doctoral fellow at SUNY - Albany, Albany, NY. - Jun 18, 2019. Postdoc position for machine learning in education to model and detect procrastination. Research is focused on the temporal and social modeling of student trace, survey, and interaction data, using sequential and process models.
- Professor in hybrid artificial intelligence - cognitive systems that integrate learning and reasoning at KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium. - Jun 13, 2019. KU Leuven has an opening for a tenured / tenure track position in the area of hybrid AI (integrating learning and reasoning). The new member of staff will be embedded within the lab for Declarative Languages and Artificial Intelligence (DTAI). We are looking for internationally oriented candidates with both educational competence and excellent research experience in AI and Computer Science, and with extensive expertise in learning and reasoning.
- Research Fellows: Statistical Learning, Time Series, Relational/Structural Learning at Monash University, Clayton, Australia. - Jun 7, 2019. An exciting opportunity has opened up within the Faculty of Information Technology for three Research Fellows to conduct research into Statistical Learning, Time Series, and Innovative Solutions in collaboration with world class academics.
- Postdoctoral Researcher at Nofima, Tromsø, Norway. - Jun 4, 2019. Nofima is searching for a postdoctoral candidate experienced in image analysis and machine learning for a project to improve sustainability and minimize waste in the seafood industry. The position is in Tromsø, Norway, which draws visitors around the world for hiking, skiing, climbing and the spectacular northern lights. For more information, please contact email@example.com
- Research Fellow & Research Assistant at National University of Singapore, Singapore. - Jun 3, 2019.
We are looking for multiple Research Fellows to participate in a new AI in Healthcare project at the Institute of Data Science and the School of Computing, National University of Singapore. The project is funded under the “AI in Health Grand Challenge” by AI Singapore, led by Professors Wynne Hsu, Mong-Li Lee, See-Kiong Ng and Chee-Yong Chan together with clinicians from Singhealth, which is one of Singapore's largest healthcare provider. Interested individual please send your cover letter and resume to email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Research Fellow at Monash University, Melbourne, Australia. - May 30, 2019.
An exciting opportunity has opened up within the Faculty of Information Technology for a Research Fellow to conduct research into Graphical Models in collaboration with world class academics.
- Bioinformatic Research Technician, Level 1 at Nathan Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research (New York University), Orangeburg, NY. - May 21, 2019.
A bioinformatics technician position is available in department of Center for Dementia Research. An ideal candidate would have minimum of a bachelor's degree in bioinformatics, Analytics or related field. Strong programming skills in R/Bioconductor, Perl/Shell scripts and Linux are REQUIRED for pre-processing of sequencing files and Differential Gene Expression analyses along with knowledge of Genomics/Transcriptomics. Python skills are good to have.
- Postdoctoral Researcher in Machine Learning for Time Series Analysis at University of Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany. - May 16, 2019.
PostDoc/Group Leader position in the DMIR Group, a highly interdisciplinary group of researchers led by Prof. Andreas Hotho. Focus on methods in the area of machine learning for time series analysis, ideally in combination with knowledge graphs.
- Lecturer / Senior Lecturer - Optimisation at Monash University, Melbourne, Australia. - May 14, 2019.
We invite outstanding academics to join our world-class team to deliver high-quality teaching and research that will help shape the future of optimisation for energy, transport, health and many other application domains. Positions are available at a Level B Lecturer or Level C Senior Lecturer level (equivalent to Assistant Professor and Associate Professor in North America) for academics with strong skills in the development and application of techniques in discrete optimisation research.
- Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in IT for Energy at Monash University, Melbourne, Australia. - May 14, 2019.
Seeking a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer for our IT for Energy theme. As Monash's energy research front, Monash Energy Materials and Systems Institute (MEMSI) is focused on developing solutions to enable sustainable generation, storage, distribution, visualisation and end-use of energy.
- (Senior) Lecturer in Creative AI at Monash University, Melbourne, Australia. - May 9, 2019.
Seeking (Senior) Lecturer specialising in Creative AI, to join our high achieving and highly motivated team of teaching and research staff. Help build a world leading research program in Creative applications of AI and provide strong and committed leadership in teaching, participating in the Faculty's curriculum initiation and development of subject material. Apply by 19 May 2019.
- Postdocs & research fellows | Visiting professors | Software developers at Aalto University / University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland. - May 6, 2019.
Finnish Center for Artificial Intelligence is opening a range of research positions for academics and ICT professionals in different levels of their careers. Come and join our vibrant community of leading scientists and companies in creating the next generation of AI that is data-efficient, trustworthy and understandable!