- Stanford: Online Graduate Certificate in Mining Big Data - Feb 29, 2012.Experienced data miners are needed now more than ever! Earn a graduate certificate in Mining Massive Data Sets online from Stanford University and take your career to the next level.
- Jul 10-13, Stanford: Modern Massive Data Sets Workshop (MMDS 2012) - Feb 29, 2012.MMDS workshop will address algorithmic, mathematical, and statistical challenges in modern statistical data analysis
- Big Data for the Public Good, a four-part seminar series - Feb 28, 2012.a four-part seminar series in San Francisco, covering Data Visualization (recorded), Data Without Borders (Mar 19), The Corporation (Apr 3), and Data Science as Sport (May 16).
- Predictive Analytics World, Text Analytics World, March 4-10, San Francisco - Feb 27, 2012.Advanced pricing ends Mar 2. Delivering 7 days of content, including workshop days. Predictive Analytics World, March 4-10, 2012 in San Francisco, is packed with the top predictive analytics experts, practitioners, authors and business thought leaders.
- Jun 4-5: The Data Analysis Conference: Tools of the Trade, Atlantic City - Feb 27, 2012.new educational event designed for data analysts seeking to enhance their knowledge about rapidly evolving analytic software applications and techniques. Gregory Piatetsky-Shapiro will give a keynote talk on Big Data: The Reality and the Hype.
- Webinar: Data Mining: Failure to Launch [Mar 8, Apr 10] - Feb 26, 2012.Learn how to get started with predictive modeling and overcome strategic and tactical limitations that cause data mining projects to fall short of their potential.
- DePaul's MS in Predictive Analytics - Feb 24, 2012.DePaul's MS in Predictive Analytics develops both analytical skills and business acumen. Courses in analytics, data mining and marketing prepare graduates to be leaders in the field.
- Webinar, Mar 5: Consuming BIG Data - Feb 22, 2012.This 45 minute webinar, presented by ADVIZOR Solutions and EMC Greenplum, will cover the acquisition, indexing, and storage of big data, how end-users can consume it, and will examine 4 categories of BI: Reporting, Analytical, Content, and Continuous.
- Short course: Ten Hot Ideas for Learning from Data (SLDM 3), Mar 15-16, Palo Alto, CA - Feb 21, 2012.This two-day course from Stanford Professors Hastie and Robert Tibshirani gives a detailed overview of statistical models for data mining, inference and prediction, emphasizing the tools useful for tackling modern-day data analysis problems.
- Text Analytics Summit Europe, London, Apr 23-24 - Feb 20, 2012.Text analytics has gained real momentum the last 12 months, as organizations across Europe seek to better understand their customer. Text Analytics Summit is for companies who want to use text solutions to make better decisions.
- WSDM: Web Search and Data Mining Conference Report - Feb 20, 2012.Sarah Javanmardi reports on WSDM-2012 (Web Search and Data Mining Conference), that brought over 350 people to Seattle.
- TMA Courses in Predictive Analytics [Apr: Las Vegas; May: DC] - Feb 14, 2012.Get up to speed in data mining faster and more effectively than any other training program available. Next courses: April in Las Vegas, May in DC.
- KDD-2012 Call for Demonstrations / Exhibits - Feb 14, 2012.We encourage demos that focus on new technology and early prototypes, but will also be interested in submissions based on mature systems with experimental features and functionalities. Short proposals due Apr 6.
- Webinar, Mar 5: Consuming BIG Data - Feb 14, 2012.This 45 minute webinar will cover the acquisition, indexing, and storage of big data, and how end-users can consume it. The framework for this webinar comes a recent report that divides BI into 4 categories: Reporting, Analytical, Content, and Continuous.
- Feb 29 Webinar: Transforming Internal Audits with Next-Generation Analytics - Feb 13, 2012.We will discuss the challenges within internal auditing today and how next-generation approaches are helping auditors get their results more cost-effectively and accurately.
- SmartAnalytics Webinar, Feb 17: Big Data is the Answer - What was the question? - Feb 13, 2012.The webcast will discuss what the most compelling business opportunities that can be addressed with Big Data, how will Big Data impact the way we do business in 2012 and 2015 and more.
- ACM Course, Mar 10, San Jose: An introduction to R for software developers and data analysts - Feb 11, 2012.This course outline includes R introduction (including getting unstuck), Data Management, Graphics, and Statistical Analysis and Data Mining.
- Sentiment Analysis for Business, Finance, and Social Media, May 8, New York - Feb 10, 2012.The Symposium bridges technology and business in one of the most exciting applications to emerge in recent years: software that discovers business value in opinions and attitudes in social media, news, and enterprise feedback.
- U. Porto Master in Information Engineering (MEINF) - Feb 8, 2012.The University of Porto is seeking international candidates for the Master in Information Engineering (MEINF), which is taught entirely in English. MEINF educates engineers to be able to design, build and test engineering systems centered in information and knowledge processing.
- SAS debuts new data mining course, March 2012 - Feb 7, 2012.SAS and Elder Research bring you a new course: "Data Mining: Principles and Best Practices", which introduces expert techniques and shows how effective application solves business problems. New York: Mar 21-23, Chicago: Apr 2-4.
- Predictive Analytics World, Text Analytics World, March 4-10, San Francisco - Feb 7, 2012.Delivering 7 days of content, including workshop days. Predictive Analytics World, March 4-10, 2012 in San Francisco, is packed with the top predictive analytics experts, practitioners, authors and business thought leaders.
- A bungee jump into Adaptive Analytics: training for LIONsolver in Europe, US - Feb 4, 2012.LIONsolver software combines Learning and Intelligent Optimization for solving business problems. A crucial component is Reactive Search Optimization (RSO). Next courses are in Palo Alto, Frankfurt, and Paris.
- Stevens MS in Business Intelligence and Analytics - Feb 3, 2012.MS in BI and Analytics is a 36 credit-degree, designed for part/full-time students who have a BA in a technical field and want to pursue a career in analytics.
- Course: Predictive Analytics for Business, Marketing and Web - Feb 2, 2012.this concentrated training program, covers the techniques, tips and pointers you need in order to run a successful predictive analytics and data mining initiative.
- Online MS in Predictive Analytics at Northwestern - Feb 1, 2012.The MSPA online program provides a thorough grounding in advanced analytics and practical application, along with leadership and communication skills. Application Deadline: April 15.
Data Mining / Analytic Courses, Events News, Feb 2012
|→ Webcasts and Webinars |