- DM Radio, Apr 5: Acres of Diamonds - Mining Enterprise Data with an Open Mind - Mar 30, 2012.Hosts Eric Kavanagh and Jim Ericson interview a who's who of the data mining world, including: Dean Abbott of Abbott Analytics, Eric Seigel of Prediction Impact; Steve Hilton of Alpine Data Labs; and Gregory Piatetsky of KD Nuggets.
- Predictive Analytics World, June 25-26, Chicago - Mar 28, 2012.The latest techniques and methods - join your peers in Chicago for Predictive Analytics World, the business event covering today's commercial deployment of predictive analytics across industries and across software vendors.
- NEW 2-Day Course on Oracle Data Mining - Mar 28, 2012.This new course was developed for customers and anyone wanting to learn more about data mining, predictive analytics and knowledge discovery inside the Oracle Database.
- Students needed: Google summer of code 2012 and R - Mar 27, 2012.If you are a student looking to write some code for the R community, Google is willing to pay you $5000 for 3 months during this summer of 2012.
- Syracuse new graduate certificate in data science - Mar 25, 2012.This is the first New York State approved certificate of advanced study in Data Science. This is a graduate program that can be taken independently or as part of a masters degree, taken fully online, fully on campus or mixed, and can be completed part time or full time.
- Berkeley course on Data Science, Spring 2012 - Mar 24, 2012.The first (?) course on data science taught at UC Berkeley. Slides, video, and other resources are available online to would-be data scientists.
- Webinar: Data Mining: Failure to Launch [Apr 10] - Mar 21, 2012.Learn how to get started with predictive modeling and overcome strategic and tactical limitations that cause data mining projects to fall short of their potential.
- SAS Analytics 2012, June 14-15, Cologne, Germany - KDnuggets discount - Mar 20, 2012.Join SAS and hundreds of your peers and analytical experts for two days of learning and networking at Analytics 2012 in the charming city of Cologne, Germany. Special discount for KDnuggets subscribers!
- Resource-aware Machine Learning - Summer School, Sep 4-7, 2012 - Mar 20, 2012.How to deal with data analysis and limited resources: Computational power, data distribution, energy or memory? Learn more at TU Dortmund Summer school, Sep 4-7. Travel support for excellent students.
- Predictive Analytics World Toronto - April 25-26, 2012 - Mar 19, 2012.PAW's Toronto 2012 program is one of the richest and most diverse yet, featuring over 25 sessions so you can witness how predictive analytics is applied by leading companies. Special discount for KDnuggets readers
- Caltech course: Learning from Data, broadcast live Apr-May 2012 - Mar 19, 2012.This real Caltech Introductory Machine Learning course will be broadcast live, and will be freely available. Prerequisites: Basic probability, matrices, and calculus. Live Q&A and online homeworks
- IBM Mar 15 Webinar: The 360-degree approach to knowing your customers - Mar 14, 2012.Some survey software packages can provide basic insight with descriptive and behavioral data. But today you also need know how and why people make their purchase decisions (interaction and attitudinal data) to get that 360-degree view of the customer.
- INFORMS plans to establish analytics certification program - Mar 14, 2012.INFORMS plans to start offering a vendor-independent analytics certification within two years. The certification will include a standardized test, and a review of the candidate's resume or work portfolio. The test aims at analytical semi-professionals, and the "T-shaped" and "Pi-shaped" analytical professionals. But where is ACM and SIGKDD?
- Apr 5 Webinar: Marketing Analytics, Modeling and Optimization with LityxIQ - Mar 13, 2012.Learn how your organization can discover valuable insights about customers and optimize marketing and operational budgets using a sophisticated, powerful marketing analytics platform designed for business users.
- Summer School on Privacy-aware Social Mining, Switzerland, 1-6 July 2012 - Mar 13, 2012.How to discover the patterns and models of social complexity from the digital traces of our life, in a privacy preserving way. The school is for doctoral students, young postdocs and a small number of senior researchers working on DBMS, machine learning, data mining, and related areas.
- SAS data mining courses - Mar 7, 2012.The SAS Business Knowledge Series hosts a variety of courses appropriate for all levels of data miners. Spring classes are filling quickly; register today!
- Gartner Business Intelligence (BI) Summit, Apr 2-4, Los Angeles - Mar 7, 2012.Gartner Business Intelligence Summit, which delivers the analytics and insight your business needs. BI and analytics is the No. 1 technology priority for 2012, according to a new Gartner survey. KDnuggets is a media partner for the summit, and we have a great offer for bloggers.
- Sentiment Analysis for Business, Finance, and Social Media, May 8, New York - KDnuggets Discount - Mar 7, 2012.The Symposium bridges technology and business in one of the most exciting applications to emerge in recent years: software that discovers business value in opinions and attitudes in social media, news, and enterprise feedback. Special discount for KDnuggets readers.
- Growing MIT conference looks at stats in sports - Mar 5, 2012.The baseball box score should be completely retooled. Postseason experience has no value in the NBA playoffs. And sports leagues should give the No. 1 draft pick to the team that wins the most - after it's mathematically eliminated.
- Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit, London, April 2012 - Mar 2, 2012.Brings together some of the world's most influential analytics professionals and will offer insight into an industry experiencing exceptional growth.
- TMA Courses in Predictive Analytics [Apr: Las Vegas; May: DC] - Mar 1, 2012.Get up to speed in data mining faster and more effectively than any other training program available. Next courses: April in Las Vegas, May in DC.
Data Mining / Analytic Courses, Events News, Mar 2012
|→ Webcasts and Webinars |