- Obama Administration Big Data Initiative - Mar 30, 2012.
NSF, NIH, DoD, DoE, DARPA and USGS announced more than $200 million in new commitments that promise to greatly improve the tools and techniques needed to access, organize, and glean discoveries from huge volumes of digital data.
- Opera buys Commendo to create predictive analytics powerhouse - Mar 29, 2012.
This acquisiton puts members of the top two teams in Netflix prize under the same roof and gives Opera a new recommendation engine to serve its clients engaged in e-commerce.
- Will Google Big Query Transform Big Data Analysis? - Mar 24, 2012.
Search giant unveils cloud-based analytics service that will speed advertising data analysis and help companies sidestep the big-data skills gap.
- 9 more companies putting a cloud spin on big data - Mar 21, 2012.
GigaOm reviews cloud-based Big Data offerings from Cetas, DNAnexus, Google, Infochimps, Kognitio, Google, Medio, Metamarkets, Microsoft, and Xignite.
- ID Analytics sold to LifeLock - Mar 16, 2012.
The deal diversifies the customer base of both companies. ID Analytics sells fraud-detection software mostly to big businesses, while LifeLock focuses primarily on consumers.
- Thomson Reuters Launches Social Media Sentiment Analysis Offering - Mar 10, 2012.
Machine Readable News service now delivers analytics on up to 50,000 news sites and four million social media sites to enhance trading strategies.
- SAS(R) Access to Hadoop Links Leading Analytics, Big Data - Mar 6, 2012.
New integration option is keystone of SAS information management, enterprise analytics strategies
- KDnuggets is a top site for AnalyticBridge users - Mar 6, 2012.
According to recent analysis by Vincent Granville, KDnuggets.com remains #1 favorite site for AnalyticBridge members.
- Playnomics game analytics rates players for potential purchases - Mar 2, 2012.
Playnomics, a startup that helps predict which gamers will be valuable to game developers, is announcing today a free player-scoring system for online game and app publishers.